1545 replies to this topic

#1251 HunterZero

HunterZero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2857 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:20 AM

can any of you stella customers tell me if you did anything special to get your kits?

I have been a customer of theirs for a few years now, emialed them months go about a pre order, emailed again on release and i got nothing?? ???

Nothing special, I just emailed them as soon as I heard about the re-release a few weeks back. They didn't reply right away, but they did later confirm I'd been on their waiting list when they sent a mass-mailout to the list of everyone who'd contacted them about the Bruiser.

They are normally very good with returning emails, but it can take them a few days to reply. I can imagine that they are quite inundated with Bruiser requests/orders, or perhaps your email isn't getting through/is getting blocked somewhere? Try sending from another email address.

- James

#1252 matman

matman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2712 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:02 AM

I missed out , so i will just have to wait .
It's just the way it is .

E-Bay name ozracer89 has changed his NAME to thenumber5 .
Just be aware of this low life .

#1253 lee1980

lee1980

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:29 AM

I know in past I have lost out on things like this with other companies, either because my email went to there junk/spam and they get far to many to check, or someone filed it away who shouldnt of done etc. Or I was simply to late to get one of first ones!

With Stella I was always wondering if same person was replying or not as no name is left on reply, but all the way through process they kept asking if still wanted to order etc.
Thanks
Lee.

Latest Bruiser re-re = awesome build! tank or 3spd truck next...................

#1254 Percymon

Percymon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6903 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

I know in past I have lost out on things like this with other companies, either because my email went to there junk/spam and they get far to many to check, or someone filed it away who shouldnt of done etc. Or I was simply to late to get one of first ones!

With Stella I was always wondering if same person was replying or not as no name is left on reply, but all the way through process they kept asking if still wanted to order etc.

I'd never dealt with Stella before, but i got replies to emails within 48hours, always late int he day UK time. They even picked up an incorrect email address is mis-typed on their website enquiry form.

@ ozace - It sounds like your emails just aren't getting through, either because of filters or they have blocked you inadvertently ?

History last 3.9yrs.. spent a fortune, had a great time - current stable 59 !   Visit My Showroom

#1255 Champ85

Champ85

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

Anyone else get an extra G parts bag in their kit? It's the black GF plastic planetary gear bag. For some reason I got two bags and the manual says x1. I also noticed that the parts box in my kit had two stickers with the black dot, which makes me think Tamiya had to add/remove a parts bag after initial packing, so they had to cut the first stickers to open the lid, change something, then re-seal the lid with a new sticker. Anyone else notice this in their kit?

#1256 lee1980

lee1980

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

Anyone else get an extra G parts bag in their kit? It's the black GF plastic planetary gear bag. For some reason I got two bags and the manual says x1. I also noticed that the parts box in my kit had two stickers with the black dot, which makes me think Tamiya had to add/remove a parts bag after initial packing, so they had to cut the first stickers to open the lid, change something, then re-seal the lid with a new sticker. Anyone else notice this in their kit?

I am sure maybe in rear of manual it says 'spare gears included' or similar so might be those, will check my kit and see if same!

Page 28, Advice Transmission, extra gears are included! use as spares sounds like they might melt in hot countries lol!
Thanks
Lee.

Latest Bruiser re-re = awesome build! tank or 3spd truck next...................

#1257 Tamiya Era

Tamiya Era

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2486 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

mmm, maybe ur kit was an open kit :lol:

Egress, Avante, Vanquish---What a Lovely Family
Other Collections: TA04R-Tuned Chassis, TA04-TRF, TG10-Mk.2 Pro & TA05-VDF Gold Edition!

logo_member2.gif

#1258 lee1980

lee1980

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:17 AM

As boxes are not really sealed guess it be pretty hard to see if any kit had been tampered with, madness really lol usually when i buy something electrical or boxed up I will not have it, it if looks anything like its been messed with. I have not checked mine but it all appears to be there! I hope lol!
Thanks
Lee.

#1259 Champ85

Champ85

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

I am sure maybe in rear of manual it says 'spare gears included' or similar so might be those, will check my kit and see if same!

Page 28, Advice Transmission, extra gears are included! use as spares sounds like they might melt in hot countries lol!

Thanks Lee. I missed that.
TamiyaUSA always seals all kits in clear plastic wrap in order to prevent tampering. My kit was sealed.

#1260 lee1980

lee1980

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

Thanks Lee. I missed that.
TamiyaUSA always seals all kits in clear plastic wrap in order to prevent tampering. My kit was sealed.

No worries since manual has been online I must of read it 5 times lol, wierdhow they kept japanese order page seperate now to.
Nice to have hard copy now, still can not quite beleive its been released!

Ahhh yea mine came from stella!
Thanks
Lee.

#1261 markturbo

markturbo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

Which Tamiya blue spray can do you use for the body?

#1262 ozace

ozace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:18 AM

Well after getting nowhere with Stella I found another vendor to take my money. My bruiser should only take a week to get here and boy am I excited.
I am still annoyed with Stella but my form of punishment is they missed out on the substantial order I placed and will get little from me going forward.

Now to sit back and dream up a color for my new toy and enjoy the builds as they are posted
compulsive collector of RC toys

#1263 matman

matman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2712 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:34 AM

Which Tamiya blue spray can do you use for the body?

TS15 the color .

#1264 SB_Aust

SB_Aust

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

Bruiser Parts Available again at JR_RC!! I just got me some!

#1265 matman

matman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2712 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

There was more on tuesday night as well , But that went fast .
The stickers & tyres go very fast on tuesday night .

#1266 Tamiya1/10

Tamiya1/10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3599 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

Well, I went to my LHS yesterday (if you are kid = local candy store and if you are any older gentleman = local Playboy Club) saw the Bruiser (if you are kid or older gentleman you can fill in the blank) for almost US$730.00 :lol: :P (if you are a kid, I don't know what it feels like, but if you are an older gentleman is like a bucket of ice just dumped down your pants.)
Needless to say I left empty handed and my wallet intact.

#1267 matman

matman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2712 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:18 AM

:P jr-rc is loading up with parts , 40 lot's of RN36 parts . Must be tired of picking up parts
all the time .

#1268 dready

dready

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1523 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

:blink: jr-rc is loading up with parts , 40 lot's of RN36 parts . Must be tired of picking up parts
all the time .

Got some coming my way

Decals and Clear Windows seem to be popular sold out in minutes!!

#1269 WillyChang

WillyChang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9687 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

followed by bumpers & interiors! :blink:

just out of curiousity, how would you fellas "price" them kit parts as full components?

eg

body front/rear/grille/bumper/lights/sleeper+hardware... $160-180?

full transmission... $150?

front axle & knuckles... $120?

rear axle & knuckles... $100?

etc

#1270 dready

dready

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1523 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

I never saw the interiors but would guess they'd go lightning fast!!

#1271 lee1980

lee1980

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

I have been trying not to look at jasons store, lately as i keep buying stuff or kits these last few months! now got a bruiser and know if see bits will be thinking get spares etc, when i doubt I will ever use it enough to wear out bits and hope tamiya will produce plenty of spares and a complete bodyset be good to!
Thanks
Lee.

#1272 Rosey

Rosey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:26 AM

All those peeps out there with originals just gagging for new decals and an interior. Thankfully this isn't a limited edition kit so spares will be plentiful although how long the actual production run will last is anyone's guess.
Per aspera ad astra

#1273 WillyChang

WillyChang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9687 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:46 AM

fwiw believe 1st batch is all gone from asiapacific distributors

I never saw the interiors but would guess they'd go lightning fast!!

haven't seen any mirror sprues yet strangely... :blink:

#1274 matman

matman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2712 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:37 AM

Got some coming my way

Decals and Clear Windows seem to be popular sold out in minutes!!

What clear windows ? They are tinted . :blink:

#1275 matman

matman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2712 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

He had 40 of most stuff , mirrors , Decals , windows , interiors , tyres all gone & some others are getting there .
This would be the 4th lot of stuff & the faster he puts it up the faster it goes . Would have thought it would have
lasted longer , with 40 lots of each . Would have thought Tamiya would not have enough RN36 parts left , the
way jr-rc is selling them . Most be a happy MR T at the moment with part sales . :blink:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users