7 replies to this topic

#1 mongoose1983

mongoose1983

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3083 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:19 AM

Well, it happened that when I wanted to give my old Black Foot truck a spin days ago, I come up with this problem. I just don't know a thing about these ESCs. I bought the truck years ago, and the previous owner had this ESC hooked to the Futaba (BEC-ready) receiver, and the truck worked perfectly. Time passed by, and I dismantled the truck to clean and service it a bit, and never seen anything connected to the receiver's "batt" plug. Well, when I wanted to use it again days ago, the truck did not worked. I presume there must be something to do with it, but the ESC has no other cable to match the receiver, and now I am clueless as to what to do. Plus, I don't have a manual or any way to check the model of the ESC (SEE PIC BELOW). What I am trying to do now is to find any info about this FWD-only LRP ESC, and/or the problem I am facing now with my Black Foot not working anymore.

Would be great if someone could explain me a bit or share some link to a manual.
You all have a great Thursday! :)

Posted Image
RR+SS+SC+Brat+FAV+Grasshopper+Hornet+Bruiser+BigWig+BF+MB+CB

The BIGWIG owners & enthusiasts S.I.G.

#2 bromvw

bromvw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4223 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:33 AM

CONSIDER IT DONE :) http://www.rctube.eu...port_Manual.pdf

#3 mongoose1983

mongoose1983

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3083 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:43 AM

CONSIDER IT DONE :)

lowclasscc.net/.../l/lrp/IPC%20Sport%20Series%20Manual.pdf/

Thanks, brownvw! Even though the link did not worked, I happened to get a manual from that site. Been reading it, but it doesn't say anything about BEC receivers, instead it mentions problems with receiver's battery in the troubleshooting section.
I remember running this truck without ever using cells for the receiver. Matter of fact, the only RC car that had the older battery that I have ever ran set up was my Super Champ. Am I crazy or there must have been a way my Black Foot worked without having anything connected to the receiver???
:)

#4 bromvw

bromvw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4223 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:58 AM

:) dont know . I'am having enough problems trying to figure out how to do the electrics on my Ford GPA Seep project :lol: . Waterproof , two motors running independent of each other+ rudder linked to the steering servo ect ect . WHY OH WHY do i do this ???????????? :)

#5 TA-Mark

TA-Mark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5226 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:00 AM

Disconnect the motor wires (you don't want a runaway model).
Unplug the ESC's 3 pin receiver plug from the receiver.
Plug in a battery to the ESC, then turn on the ESC switch.
Check the voltage output of the ESC's receiver plug (red +ve wire and black -ve wire - the white wire is signal).

If there is no power at the red/black wires then you have an issue with the ESC itself, or possibly even at the low amp Tamiya battery connector I see in the picture, or in the ESC's on/off switch.

If there is power in the red/black wires, plug it back into the receiver CH2 slot and then test the corresponding pins (red/black) at CH1 for the same voltage (6.0v).

It may be that the receiver you're using isn't getting power from CH2 like it would have with the old Futaba receiver. Change to a different receiver.

#6 WillyChang

WillyChang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9687 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:12 AM

those little bitty switches get gunked up with dirt & stop working too

every LRP i've accumulated came with their switches amputated,
solder/short the 2 switch leads for 'on' permanently = plug-n-go
Or neater still bridge it at the PCB & remove wires.

#7 tonysmini

tonysmini

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

as willy said, I have three LRP ESC's, all have the switches removed after they started playing up.

#8 mongoose1983

mongoose1983

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3083 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:35 AM

Thank you guys. Your help is excellent (as always). I hope to give it another try sometime this weekend. ;)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users