Mokei Kagaku

New release: Tamiya DT-03 Neo Fighter Buggy

1010403_443360002457608_1015387458_n.jpg

More information here:

http://www.rc-news.de/01/2014/tamiya-neo-fighter-buggy-dt-03/

By the way, congratulations to http://www.rc-news.de for this great news scoop, as none of the usual sources for information about new Tamiya items have any information about it yet.

And the first hop-ups for the DT-03 are, as can be expected from Tamiya, already in the pipeline: http://www.tamiyaclu...showtopic=72261

Pictures of DT-03 hop-ups and further new Tamiya items: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.443319722461636.1073741847.208099459316998&type=1

• Like 6

More of the same. I would really love to see Tamiya releasing a new design high-tech buggy in the lines of Avante/Egress/Dyna Storm/Astute. The 2013 Egress re-release doesn't count here as it was an exisiting model with some improvements.

I personally think this is a great new item. Obviously both inspired by the original Frog and the TamTech-Gear buggies and an evolution of the DT-02 and the suggested retail price in Germany is below EUR80,-, including oilshocks and an ESC suitable for both brushed and brushless motors. The increased wheelbase doesn't hurt either! :D

• Like 4

I like the narrow shell/chassis setup, even the shell looks good - far prefer this to the cab-forward or sci-fi offerings of late.

• Like 2

I like the slim design and the overall looks of the buggy including some nice herritage :-)

A nice benchmark for the Toy Fair thats starts tomorrow.

• Like 1

I shall reserve judgment fully until I see some chassis pics.

But IMO I don't like the body at all. But the chassis does look interesting. :)

James

I like the narrow body - even if the styling is a bit bland.

The front looks a bit exposed though, wonder how it would fair in an impact...

Looks promising. It also looks like it has provision for the fitment of vertical body posts, so I wonder what other shells Tamiya has in the pipeline for it?

As for me, I have a DT01 and DT02 in my collection already, so it is pretty much inevitable that one of these will make its way in too at some point. I might wait and see what other shells are released for it though - I have nothing against this one, but there might be something even better on its way...

The body looks like when the Frog and the Plasma Edge had a baby. I like what I see. There's even 'no guts no glory' on the wing.

Front arms and lower rear arms look like have been carried over from the DT-02.

I would like to see chassis pics. Let's hope Tamiya learned from Kyosho's mistakes and don't do such a botch job as Kyosho's Sandmaster EZ chassis line: Lovely bodyshells, awfully toyish chassis designs.

The DT-02 was quite alright for a respectable basher that could take a beating.

"Meet the DT-03 Neo Fighter. With a space frame chassis and vertically stacked electronics for maximum stability, superior traction and one-of-a-kind weight balance, it shows the competition who's got the guts to run this car to glory"

Fictional Tamiya advertisement.

I will have one of these, good value for £79.99 with a brushless esc, bearings oil shocks etc. Love my DT02's they are near indestructible.

Also looking forward to seeing the new TRF 4wd and 2wd buggies rumoured to be at the show

• Like 1

Neo Frog?

Tamiya made half of the needed job.

Why not pink?

Why not yellow headlamps?

Why no oped windshield?

This car and this body seem too much toyish imho.

Max

Regardless, I like it! I guess a Neo Frog would have been too much of a departure for Tamiya, though some elements are certainly reminiscent of the old buggy. I wonder how it would look with those round-section spike tires and Padlatrak Smoothees on the front...

If badged as a Frog-type chassis (such as the Neo Scorcher with the Terra Scorcher), the front shocks are an improvement.

It would have been nice if the chassis featured slight bulges to the sides at the rear, to make room for ESC and receiver. This would also complement the progression of the body contours from the narrow nose to the bulky gearbox. This body style however is a nice refreshment in comparison to all the squeezed flat and cab forward bodyshells that are dominating 2WD buggies now.

Still, more pictures from different views and chassis pics are needed to judge this car.

• Like 2

I also though it looked like a frog!!

Wonder if you can buy the chassis and if the older DT02 parts will inter change and you can upgrade your existing DT02 to a newer DT03?

Now that's a great thought. I would appreciate parts intercompatibility between DT-02 and DT-03.

The new bumper is so small. I know this is the way to go now (and it looks awesome) but I'm used to wide, bulky bumpers.

Looking closely it does seem to have a fair few parts in common, it might just be a longer chassis and new towers and front strut. However we cant tell until we see under the hood.. I'm hoping for bell crank steering, thats much more important than a slipper (32dp gears dont really need a slipper).

Well looks like i found my next buggy

yep qatmix no slipper an't a problem when you have ball diff setup right looks like just new chassis for what you can see

It looks like a sort of Frog & Fox hybrid. Interesting.

Maybe in appearance, but lets hope nothing like those two stinkers in any other way :)

Hop-up part number 54567 is shown as referring to a set of CVA dampers for the DT03. Do we then take it that the stock items are cleverly-disguised pogo sticks? They look like CVAs to me...