Mokei Kagaku

Official Tamiya video of the new 56340 Freightliner Cascadia Evolution

If it wasn't for the wheel wobble, you'd swear you were looking at a 1:1 truck - great piece of promo video

• Like 1

It's a bit of a beast, no doubt about it. However, that front end is hideously ugly. It's a thumbs down from me I'm afraid.

• Like 2

kind of wish they shot the clip with 2 trucks and a 1/14 Jean Claude VanDamn placed in between .:-D

The King is still the one, hence is called the KING...the rest are just commoners.:-D

• Like 1

Not for me, just too ugly. If I got back into these it would have to be the king hauler or globe liner.

I like it but I'm not sure the color they chose complimented the lines of the truck

I am not in to Trucks per say but that is just amazing!

You will. Is the natural progression. All of a sudden you will be wondering how the 10 wheels or 18 wheels if including the trailer would be like running down your street shifting through the gears and the sound of a deisel supercharged v8 and horn blasting.and realized should have got one years ago. Is a man's toy...because the feelings will be rated "R" :-D

I have to admit it is quickly growing on me. Amazing what a coat of paint can do. :)

Yeah the 'Champagne-ish' colour in the video certainly screams 'Placid' and 'Elderly' much like with 1:1 cars.

I also think the huge aero on the back of the cab and the skirts aren't in sync with the smallish front bumper.

But it's something new and I still like it, but there is other trucks I want first (hope the missus doesn't read this.... "No,no honey, I agree two trucks is more than enough.... :rolleyes: ).

This baby has gone on to my wish list. It would look good in Metallic Red or Metallic Purple

Don't like the stripes.

This FREIGHTLINER would look great along side my BLACK FREIGHTLINER CORONADO/KNIGHT HAULER.

TAMIYA should make a LOW LOADER TRAILER for us RC TANKERS.

Agree. Better like this?

Spielwarenmesse-2014-Tamiya-Freightliner

The color is kinda Meh to me but I do like the striping. I will most likely get one of these once they are out

It looks a bit like the aeromax in places

For 1:1 trucks, the aeromax was one of the first to use aero dynamics to increase MPG. Most of the long haul trucks you see on the road have elements of aero design. The only old school trucks you see are short haul vehicles like gasoline and dirt haulers

In the name of mpg or L/100km modern cars and trucks are hard to tell who makes them. In the olden days where gas was $0.25 per gallon there were more style. I guess one cannot do too much to a rain drop. The King is like a Hardley and rest are like those Ninja or Ducai speed demons with everything all covered up.

This baby has gone on to my wish list. It would look good in Metallic Red or Metallic Purple

Don't like the stripes.

This FREIGHTLINER would look great along side my BLACK FREIGHTLINER CORONADO/KNIGHT HAULER.

TAMIYA should make a LOW LOADER TRAILER for us RC TANKERS.

Yeah I think a Low Loader, Low Boy, or even a Drop Deck would be nice. Something we can put tanks or construction equipment on. :) (I am aware or the other marques).

Wish Tamiya would make 1/14 truck driver figure...

There is the option from Verkerk Modelbau, but yes I wish Tamiya would make their own, I also wish Tamiya would make RHD dash conversions for their (Euro) Trucks.... B)

There is the option from Verkerk Modelbau, but yes I wish Tamiya would make their own, I also wish Tamiya would make RHD dash conversions for their (Euro) Trucks.... B)

Yup... that too! It'd be perfect.

While I like Tamiya trucks this one has to be the most ugly ever - Pass from me .

When I get some spare coin I'll definitely get one

• Like 1