Jump to content

Falcon#5

Members
  • Content Count

    1132
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

82 Excellent

About Falcon#5

  • Rank
    Member
  • Birthday 05/08/1977

Profile Information

  • Location
    Western Australia.

Recent Profile Visitors

3618 profile views
  1. My current project is an Org Hornet. Halfway though the resto. Off the top of my head I have about 50 cars which are in various states. Ranging from full resto to simple decals/body work.
  2. Are they wandering, or too twitchy?
  3. My builds are going nowhere fast Work/family are consuming all my time right now. I'm still buying parts and projects for when I get the time to get to them. I wrote a big list of what I have going on, but deleted before I posted so I don't hijack your thread.
  4. I finally have a dedicated RC room. No pics yet because I still have non RC related items in here.
  5. I've often queried postage costs, as usually it is an eBay automatically generated price. If the seller looks it up themselves it can be significantly cheaper. But considering the $AU right now it probably wouldn't be cheap either way. Looking forward to seeing this one completed and also many future projects that you have in the pipeline.
  6. Fantastic work mtbkym01! Your resto skills and attention to detail are improving with every car. I'd be changing the steel uni's with brass ones, and sourcing a black bumper to keep the RR original as possible as it's a MK1. But the Centrelines look great ... so hard call.
  7. I've heard of the 'pink' issue with repro decals before, but that was many a year ago. I have some myself, but have been packed away for that long I can't remember the quality of them. It's a shame you couldn't use them. Falcon Z parts. Spot on mtbkym01. Pretty much a standard light for Tamiya. Pt#X8428, 0225001, 10225001 or 54626.
  8. I find it odd that they will keep 'restricted' items rather than returning them to the sender. Understandable for illegal items, but they would be passed on to law enforcement agencies for further investigation and possible prosecution. Doesn't sound like there is much transparency with their system. They have an obligation to provide follow up information to justify their actions.
  9. Rattle cans and air brushes both have their place. Personally I use a combination of both. Rattle cans have the benefit of increased coverage as the fan pattern is quite broad. But an air brush with a large tip will also get a decent spread. I use liquid mask, air brush the finer details, and rattle can the large areas. But to answer the OP, I'd suggest getting a cheap dual action air brush to start with, giving it a go and see what you think. A $30 air brush isn't as good as a $300 Iwata, but spending $30 and deciding it is a path you want to pursue and then investing $300 on a decent one is better than outlaying $300 straight up and then realising it's not for you. Compressors are another item to consider too. Dedicated air brush compressors are small and quiet. While the cheaper basic workshop type are physically larger and noisy contraptions. This thread on RCTech is worth a look - https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing/80896-airbrushing-art.html Has plenty of info, although a lengthy read. But worth a look just skimming through and looking at the pics. The quality and detail is amazing.
  10. I'd suggest not gluing the front tyres, and only putting a couple of small spots on the rears. Have broken a couple of front wheels on the LB, and no glue makes tyre changes a breeze No issues breaking rear wheels so far, but just in case... Sport Tuned is plenty of motor for these. Chassis braces are nice to have, and also inexpensive. 5th shock mod or fixed stay (which I prefer) is worthwhile. High torque servo saver is next on my list of mods, as i feel the stock one is too soft. But may add to the broken front wheel issue
  11. Have you tried soaking them for a period, or only spraying? I'd recommend soaking it in a container of diesel for a week and see what happens. If your happy to sacrifice the bolt, I'd be cutting/grinding off the head and supporting the ball with a socket or something. Might be better than supporting the shock end to knock it out. Soak, heat, whack, repeat, might be the only option here. *Disclaimer* - I haven't performed this kind of work on SRB shocks, so bear no responsibility for damage, loss or personal anguish. That may come off with a soda blaster, but depends if you have access to one or the cost is worthwhile. Autosol and polishing cloth on a Dremel should work, but would be time consuming I imagine
  12. My money is on the Hornet next, then the Frog, followed by the Fox.
×
×
  • Create New...