Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

13 Good

About Delayar

  • Rank
  1. Hi! I am selling my original Tamiya Vanquish decal sheet. It is unused and in the original plastic bag. These are original Tamiya from 1988, not a repro sheet. The decals are shipping from Austria, Europe, but I am willing to ship worldwide. Price: Euro € 100 + shipping Cheers, Markus
  2. Thank you very much! Cheers, Markus
  3. Since I haven't been on a track with the bigwig and I usually only bash around in my garden, I can't comment if the steering is slow. It is true that the steering setup doesn't have very much travel (compared to my Vanquish and Dt-02). But handles very well nonetheless Also, I find the bigwig not slow or ponderous at all, but to be honest, I have not very much comparison ;-) And I run it with a standard 7.2V NiMH battery. Edit: I also had the impression that the use of universal drive shafts improved handling and cornering noticeable, even when bashing on the lawn. Cheers, Markus
  4. When building the Bigwig, use a steering servo with a higher torque, since the rubber boots induce some drag in the steering mechanism. I use one with 10 kg at 6V. The cheap one with about 2 or 3 kg was too weak. Although it had enough power to turn the wheels, it wasn't enough while driving. Cheers, Markus
  5. Hi! I would like to run it again, because I really liked it. However, the other variants, like the Avante or Egress re-releases, are too expensive for me. I don't need the carbon fiber parts (although they look really good) Markus
  6. Hi! I want to present my restoration project. I had a Vanquish when I was a teenager (I think I got it at Christmas in 1989), but sold it a few years later and took a long break from RC cars. In 2010, I bought a Tamiya Desert Gator to bash around in my graden. In a fit of nostalgia, I decided to buy an old vanquish off eBay. When I received it, it was in a poor condition, but It was more or less complete and it did run. The body was seriously beaten up. But it was completely ball raced. The first thing I did was to disassemble the whole car, clean the parts, order spares for the missing parts (like the front bumper), slap in an ESC and put it back together. However, the motor died after the first tests, so I bought a cheap motor. To my regret, i didn't take pictures of how it looked like in the beginning, but here you can see the chassis of the first rebuild. The TBG body hadn't arrived yet, the wing is still the original one I used the car as arunner, to bash around. The cheap motor died soon after, and i bought another one, replacing the tires with pin spike tires from the Egress. The bodyshell remained without stickers. At that time, the TBG body set only included an Avante-style wing. It was great fun to run it, but then, 2 years ago, I had a crash where the front damper stay had acrack and got bent a little bit. I then realized how expensive spares had become and decided to restore the Vanquish as good as it gets to original specs and retire it. I bought another TBG body (now with correct vanquish wing), MCI repro decals, new rims and correct tires (which were available thanks to the Super Shot re-release) and rebuilt it again. The silvercan is from the Desert Gator (which now has a BL motor), and I also mounted the original MSC. I left the ball bearings, wheras the kit came with many metal and plastic bearings. I glued the front damper stay, because aspare would have been too expensive. And here is my shelf queen Vanquish: I still hope tamiya will re-release this nice buggy someday, so that I can run it again. In the meanwhile, I have my Desert Gator and a re-release Bigwig. Cheers, Markus
  7. Hi! I have Yeah Racing universal shafts for the DF-03 chassis in my Re Bigwig (front and rear), and the fit perfectly. Handling improved noticeable. Cheers, Markus
  8. Hi! I have this one in my Bigwig: https://www.der-schweighofer.at/en/Servo-MEX-645BB-MG-Digital-Standard-modelleXXpert-a100613 Cheers, Markus
  9. The Bigwig needs a servo with a higher torque, because the rubber boots add some resistance to the steering. I also had problems with a cheap standard servo, I replaced it with one which has a torque of 110Ncm (at 6V). It now works fine. I wonder if a high torque servo saver would further improve the steering. Cheers, Markus
  10. Hi! If you are still unsure about the length, I can measure the dogbones on my Vanquish which is all original parts. Cheers, Markus
  • Create New...