V2 prototype is nearly finished
This version has several improvements:
- The most obvious is new vent over the motor. Its grill is a separate part that can be replaced with a fan to further improve cooling, which wasn't ideal on the V1.
- the motor mount is now mounted from the outside. That necessitated a separate gear cover, which improves serviceability of M-chassis gears. Speaking of motor, it's now fixed via stock screws, and other non-original screws were eliminated as well. Also, the design can also supports mount made of aluminium sheet, which is something I'd like to do in the future.
- motor is moved a few milimeters forward, which allowed me to add some material around gears, so they should be able to handle more power.
- suspension mount is now a separate part. That opens more options for setup and makes repairs easier.
- new design of suspension tower mounts. It supports layout from V1, but also M05 adjustable top links. Finally, I got rid of those weird extensions
I still need to do some finishing touches, like drilling a new hole in the driveshaft, since rear bevel gear has been moved to the front - again. But the model itself went together well, maybe better than V1- after some adjustments, I may release it.
Also, I played a bit with old rallyblock tires. So far, it looks promising.
Unfortunately, winter has come here, so I won't be able to do any tests anytime soon.. well, time to work on another projects 🤫