Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

130 Excellent

About gregdogghurst

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. @jonboy1 thanks for the dedication-I will be following, learning and helping if necessary this build as my DB-01 brother 👍🏽 It’s possible to add the belt tensioners to the standard motor mount as far as I’m aware. As a hopup I thought a little bit slack from Tamiya as they don’t supply the 950 bearings or any of the required fixings for installation.. also worth noting that they’re not really Belt tensioners but more of a ‘belt stay’ to stop the belt jumping off the centre pulley when using a high powered motor. What shocks/positions are you using? The rear dogbones would drop out on mine until I fitted the shocks
  2. Haha no worries! Still planning on doing a build thread-as I’m sure they’ll be different anyway 👍🏻 Motor wise it’s a 10.5. I’ve got one in my DN-01 also and it’s quick enough for me... The DN-01 currently has tble 02s with fan So I went for tble03s for DB. I do like to try and keep as much Tamiya as possible but if I have problems with them I’ll change to Hobbywings or something.. First dibs on paint scheme 😜 I’m going custom colours TRF to match my DN201
  3. If a DB-01 RR kit was available I would have gone that route 100% I ‘only’ have 3 cars and planning a collection of 4 maximum (possibly) thats justification for making them a bit special in my eyes
  4. Yeh I’m going to do a build thread soon (ish) 👌🏻
  5. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 mate I was planning to do a build thread-logged on here yesterday when the chassis arrived and you’d beaten me to it! Was well gutted-even complained to the mrs that you’d stolen my thunder 🤣 I had shocks/diffs/turnbuckles/arm assemblies all built up already so went together fairly quick
  6. Went from this obscene amount of individually sourced parts
  7. 11 weeks for delivery from HK! These hard to find DB-01 parts are the last peices I was waiting for to start my ultimate DB-01 build. Managed to get spares also 👍🏻
  8. This only applies on the front end if using 501 aluminium castor blocks 👍🏽
  9. Yes exactly 👍🏻 Nice looking mounts and they work with a lot of chassis
  10. In terms of time, mine took about 2 weeks. Not including postage. In terms of cost, I paid €55 per body.
  11. I would recommend them 100% Communication and finished product are perfect. Shipping times are what they are... I got 2 sets of bodies and wings done for this project (1 as runners other for display) and I have 3 more projects I’ll be sending to them when parts arrive/I get round to it... Greg
  12. Thanks man To be honest I haven’t had the opportunity to run it off road at all since it’s been finished. Only had a few test runs on tarmac with 23/79 gearing and no issues. As you say there’s very little airflow or space under the body. Also, I’m sceptical about my ESC as I’ve been inside and changed out all the wiring for black direct to motor and added a lipo cut off modification. I’ve got a DB-01 build on the go at the moment which I have another 10.5 motor but with a TBLE03S ESC. The unit itself is much smaller and has an integrated fan so should be better for cooling. I don’t hear many good reports about these ESCs so concerned I should have spent elsewhere Greg
  • Create New...