Jump to content

stuhas

Members
  • Content Count

    71
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

267 Excellent

About stuhas

  • Rank
    Newbie

Profile Information

  • Location
    Bolton United Kingdom

Recent Profile Visitors

179 profile views
  1. Slow going on the Beetle Body, Just managed to fit the convertible roof cover. Made from wooden toothpicks and some spare canvas repair patch. Looks a little lose at the moment but should tension itself up when it dries.
  2. Bought the Bondic pen and had a go at filling the rear post holes on my Beetle rally. Verdict..... Very impressed. a solid straight fill of the post hole. feels tight and as hard as the lexan and clear. Should be great once painted. Granted you will probably be able to see the outline of the fill but will only tell how much once painted The bottom of the pen contains the liquid plastic. I covered the top of the body with a piece of clear Sellotape, then carefully squeezed in the plastic. Then turn the pen around, turn on the UV light and hold it over the liquid and within 3 to 4 seconds it has dried solid. peel of the Sellotape off and hay ho a solid clear filled hole. d.
  3. Well to answer my own question. Bought the Bonic pen and had a go at filling the rear post holes on my Beetle rally. Verdict..... Very impressed. a solid straight fill of the post hole. feels tight and as hard as the lexan and clear. Should be great once painted. Granted you will probably be able to see the outline of the fill but will only tell how much once painted The bottom of the pen contains the liquid plastic. I covered the top of the body with a piece of clear Sellotape, then carefully squeezed in the plastic. Then turn the pen around, turn on the UV light and hold it over the liquid within 3 to 4 seconds it has dried solid. peel of the Sellotape and hay ho a solid clear filled hole. d.
  4. Sorry for Rehashing an old post. But i am looking to fill pre drilled Body post holes in a beetle Rally. Has anyone done this successfully? I don't really like body posts sticking through the body. but lots of the newer kits are coming with the bodies pre drilled. I have maybe found a solution. But am just asking if anyone has used BONDIC UV filler adhesive? Or has anyone any more ideas? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bondic-Activated-Waterproof-Resistant-Anything/dp/B00QU5M4MG/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1EP9UZCW5KDLL&dchild=1&keywords=bondic+uv+glue&qid=1604786387&sprefix=BONDIC%2Cdiy%2C165&sr=8-2 https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+fill+body+post+holes+in+lexan&source=lmns&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwio3urbuPHsAhUV_BoKHaSsA7oQ_AUoAHoECAEQAA#kpvalbx=_QxynX-XSINKZgQaV7ZTwBg12
  5. Got to the end of my VW Beetle Rally with the MF-01X Chassis. Changed the wheels and put on the ones from the Lancia Delta integrale as they are slightly bigger and look a little better on the big Chassis. Better looking wheel and tyre for a Rally IMO. Now to decide on the colour scheme. Box art (Orange Rally) or my personal favourite (No 53 Herbie) Will decide in a few days which way to go. Will save the painting for the new lockdown starting Thursday.
  6. Look like a lot of work, But at the same time very rewarding especially when the running gear is in and running. Just don't put it into a kerb on its first outing Great work,
  7. Well that didn't take long. Cant start till i finish my set of shifts. Oh only 1 more day to wait then
  8. I believe it has a wheel base of either 210/225/239 mm
  9. Is that the OCD kicking in ? I must admit that i haven't done a single Box Art colour scheme yet. But may just stick with it for this one
  10. Just placed an order for 1 of these. Tamiya Renault Alpine A110 Monte 1971 M-06 Bausatz #58591 Wanted one for ages. Love the design and look of this. On the M-06 Chassis
  11. I use a company called Accu.co.uk They have all maner of screws, threaded bar metric and imperial. conter sunk, cap head, button head. All available in stainless steel and other options like self tapping and thread lock and also available in Black https://www.accu.co.uk/en/5-precision-screws
  12. After 3 weeks of stripping (walls) and generally gutting our bedroom back to Brick, floorboards and electrics. i had a couple of hours to myself to pick up the Bowler again. I must admit i got to a point where i didn't even want to start it. I was struggling with the magnetic body fitting. i generally know where to start but this had me stumped. I still am as i am not overly happy with the rear end sitting so low. Front end is good but without having very high posts with magnets on the back end is just bugging me.
  13. I went for these from RC Mart. $24,90 plus shipping. I like these on my builds but i don't drive them hard so not sure on long term performance but look great https://www.rcmart.com/yeah-racing-shock-gear-50mm-damper-set-for-1-10-rc-touring-m-chassis-car-blue-dsg-0050bu-00036295
  14. Tried a little detailing on the VW Karmann Ghia. Used Kyosho 0.4mm Micron Tape.
×
×
  • Create New...