Jump to content

Yoda67

Members
  • Content Count

    42
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

102 Excellent

About Yoda67

  • Rank
    Newbie
  • Birthday 08/04/1953

Profile Information

  • Location
    Cornwall

Recent Profile Visitors

321 profile views
  1. I’m planning on doing the lights as well, but wheels and tyres will do for me. Enjoy the build.
  2. So the truck is kitted out with a 21kg steering servo, 4kg transmission servo(both Etronix) and a HPI 55T motor and have to say overall the truck is very quiet. I took it out for an hour this morning on an old tram road behind where I live. It’s just a dirt and stone/rock track that a public right of way for walkers, cyclists and horse riders. There are numerous tracks off it to give access to farms and other properties and roads, although you wouldn’t take a car up many of them. One of these was quite steep and muddy with pieces of rock showing through lack of maintenance. It wasn’t rock crawling more a trail that was muddy and small obstacles but I was impressed with the truck even though my skills are very basic. We completed all we tried. With the 55T motor it’s not fast, but faster than I can walk so good enough. The elevation in the pics is about 40-50 degrees.
  3. Painting done, kept decals to a minimum. Light buckets are fitted but don’t have the lights yet. Got to get out and give it a run but the weather isn’t great at the moment
  4. Gonna try like that and see how it goes, can always reconfigure later. It feels quite front heavy already.
  5. Got to agree with you on screw sizes and replacing servo horn. Will see how I get on with the springs as this truck is not for competing just bashing 😜
  6. Couple more pics of chassis build, All working as it should so need to tidy up the wiring. Body cut out and all holes drilled and thoroughly washed ready for masking.
  7. So finally stock arrived of the new GMade GS02F Buffalo Pick-up, placed my order with Modelsport last weekend and it arrived Tuesday. Excited to say the least. After building a few Tamiya’s over the years this was a bit of a shock upon opening the box. So many little bags of machine screws, only self tappers I’ve seen are for the body accessories. The build started with front and rear axles followed by the 2 speed I’ve got the chassis finished and will get some pics later and am currently working on the body shell. Apart from sorting through so many screws etc I have thoroughly enjoyed the build as there were more components that had to be assembled rather than being a one piece moulding. ie suspension links, bead lock wheels.
  8. Wow that certainly looked like you had a great time although a lot of travelling in a short time span, but after 2 lock downs was worth the effort to get back to some sort of normality. At my age 67 and just retired I don’t think I could drive that far in that time frame so a big thumbs up to you and it sure looked like fun.
  9. I,ve watched most of the videos for tips. 90mm shocks and oil are due, so might get back on it this weekend..also got spacers to widen the track.
  10. So I had the Longheroni conversion delivered end of April and been of work this week so thought I’d have a go at it. First issue is that are no nice printed instructions as in normal kits, this relies on a video which can be viewed from their website or YouTube..If your not studying the video then you miss the screen shot showing which size of screw to use on that section of build. It may have been verbal but I had the sound muted Next issue was my fault by not installing 4th gear to lock the front diff so the diff was too tight a fit in the new gearcase, this forum provided me with video on correct installation but after installing all the gears it was binding on the output shaft which I cured by packing the cover plate using an m3 washer under each of the 4 screws..At this point I also found that the slots for adjusting the motor were about 1/2 mm short hence the gap between pinion and spur gear is slightly bigger than I would like- something to tackle later. Maybe a slightly larger pinion ? Front suspension requires that you reverse the steering knuckles and you only use 1screw on the lower arms, second hole is for mounting the shocks. After that it is fairly plain sailing although I didn’t have enough screws for the body mounts and forward battery tray. On their way via Ebay, lol. So I’ve not fixed electronics but did connect them to test and set steering. Still need to mount my D90 body which will result in extra holes in it but may invest in another body in the future( non Tamiya). First impressions it needs 90mm shocks to lift it and give a bit more travel( already got CVDs)and may fiddle with the steering hubs and arms to gain a little more steering which is already improved with the servo mounted at the front.
  11. This arrived today from Italy, Longheroni CC01 chassis conversion. Ordered Monday evening and delivered today. Also received a Hobbywing 1080 Speed controller. Looking forward to the build and hopefully improvements in drivability . will probably get some 90 mm shocks later.
  12. Have a great and safe Xmas everyone, best wishes for 2021from Cornwall
  13. some larger diameter tyres and longer shocks should help
×
×
  • Create New...