IMHO the Blitzer Beetle is a great all round fun machine, simple build, good looks, really sturdy, solid gearbox, can take faster cans, generally its just a good fun basher. However, the biggest flaw has to be the steering and the famous "Blitzer bump steer". A few simple mods you can make the steering a lot better, I thought I'd put a post up showing what I have done to improve my Bug.
The first fix is to swap the front uprights. Remove both and swap them over, fit the left one on the right and the right on the left, so that the steering ball connector is facing down rather than up. It is pretty well documented mod, so no need to show that one here, but honestly if you haven't done it you should, it's night and day different.
The next mod I found reference to was to fit the DT-02 Turnbuckle set (53828). I found several mentions of this on other posts and it certainly wasn't my idea, but I couldn't find any posts showing this clearly, so thought i'd throw a few pictures together for anyone else wanting to try this.
Fitting them is really easy, honestly, it is like the set is made for the Blitzer. The set comes with 4 short, 1 med and 1 long turnbuckle rods, 12 closed-cup ball connector ends and an assortment of hardware. TBH the set has most of the hardware you need, I only had to add 2 nos 3x25mm machine screws to fit the set. I would say the only tricky part is you have to run a 3mm drill bit through both front fixing points and the rear knuckle (the inner rear doesn't need it as the holes are bigger on that connection). All the holes that do need a drill run through are only just undersize, maybe 2.7mm, so its really just a ream though to clean the self tapping thread out and allow the machine screw to pass freely.
The four smaller rods make up the 4 camber links and the med and longer one make up the steering rods. In each case just remove the original link, match the length with the new parts, fit the ball connectors with the machine screws (use thread lock) and snap everything in place.
4 nos 3x15mm screws (included in the set) use for the 2 front camber links (use a small washer screw head of the two going through the knuckles)
2 nos 3x12mm screws (included in the set) use for the rear camber at the gearbox (use a small washer on the screw head side)
2 nos 3x25mm screws (not included in the set) use for the rear camber link at the knuckle
A couple of things to add. It makes life simpler when adjusting the turnbuckles, to keep all of the rods the same way round (Ichanged mine after I took the pics and realised this). That way you are always turning forwards to extend and backwards to reduce the rod length. The easiest way to do this is to keep the small "knurled" section to the left side of centre on each rod.
The only other thing, the rear turnbuckles do not offer much adjustment as they are pretty much screwed all the way into the rod ends, but they do allow standard camber. This could be fixed by trimming the rod but honestly I don't think it is needed as most of the adjustment is required at the front end and those rods allow plenty.
I hope this is helpful for any other Blizter fans out there