Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

122 Excellent

About Golden

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Just replied - thank you. This is the next best thing - but I think is the updated part? (Am trying to do an original vintage shelf queen unless it becomes impossible!).
  2. Hi - I’ve bought a NIB vintage TA02 kit, and thought it was complete - but it’s missing the bag with the uprated (part off the kit…) motor mount and blue wheel nuts…. Part no is: 53142. I think there was a revised part but it comes in a few pieces, so am trying to source an original. Anyone have one for sale? I have both US (a friend can receive stuff for me) and UK postal addresses if it makes any difference. Many thanks!
  3. Wow - that’s amazing!!!! I’m doing mine in red. I hate myself.
  4. Yes. Interesting on shortages. I’ve just received my Mitsubishi Evo V kit (preordered ages ago….) and it has what looks to be a hobbywing 1060 esc in it, but with a random logo and a black heat sink (I’ve had a couple of carson branded equivalents too in other kits this year). Let’s hope for some announcements in the new year!
  5. It feels like it’s gone a bit quiet on the rere and new release front? It feels like something new (or rereleased) was about to “drop” (as the kids say…..) every month last year and the year before, perhaps cashing-in on lock down boredom and the general fervour of rediscovery of the hobby for many? I guess a long term strategy has to be taken by Tamiya to drip-feed things things through - but their catalogue is quite extensive, and I want some more rere kits! Am I being impatient (as stamps foot….)?!
  6. I’ve used PS paint for the colour match and then ts clear over the top for the shine… so on one of the Subaru Impreza cars I've done, I used ps16 in the shell and also on the spoiler - leaving the spoiler the correct colour match, but very matt. A couple of ts clear coats on top, and it looks perfect.
  7. I want to know what colour you’re going for!!!!!! Let me know if you get stuck on the battery front - happy to help send it over (a friend of mine travels between the US and the UK a lot, and acts as an RC parts mule for me…). And do let me know when you’ve managed to post the manual. I’d be seriously grateful for it. And as a final point - does your user name indicate you’re into Subarus…?(!)
  8. Few more of the rear bumper and ancient driver(!).
  9. Porsche rear bumper assembly is stunning. I added line tape to the bonnet/hood and doors after these pics.
  10. Great thread mate - I’m a really big fan of the tam tech series and have managed to pick up three of them nib - have built the gto ferrari and the porsche 935 - and have a lambo awaiting assembly. They have a really interesting chassis - and the suspension layout seems to have been copied across a little bit (the pivot points at least!) on the new td2/4 chassis. They really are a great build, and screw together really nicely (I enjoyed the builds as much as with the XV-01, which again, I think is a really nice kit to build - more so than my recent Avante build!). To your question - and if it helps - I ordered these from modelsport in the uk - plus a tamiya standard to tamiya small battery adaptor - and it fits perfectly (I should also swap the actual connector over for a neater fit): https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/overlander-nimh-battery-pack-2-3-af-1600mah-7.2v-mini-tamiya-384284 https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/overlander-battery-connector-adapter-tamiya-to-mini-tamiya-386169 Now. Importantly. What colour are you going to go for???!!!! Pics of mine to follow - and while I can see a bit of it from your pics - I’d be hugely grateful for a bit of favour… I’ve got the manuals for the gto and porsche but there wasn‘t one included in my countache kit. Is there any way you could send me some pics of it - I’m pretty sure the chassis is the same (although it would be nice to know for sure!) but I’m not sure how the body set mounts - and it’d be good to check if I do actually have all of the parts!) I can't find this manual on line or for sale anywhere - so would be hugely grateful for some pictures. Happy to send you my phone no. by pm if easier for whatsapp etc.
  11. …. Like most of the advice in my life - I have now “just got on with it” - applied much lighter costs - holding the can further away and allowing drying time between coats. Much better final result.
  12. Thank you. Have been using much lighter coats and trying different angles of attack. I might drop some paint down there with a brush as suggested!
  • Create New...