Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Front Wheel Drive'.
Found 3 results
Back when I was 17 I bought a new in box FF01 chassis Opel vectra from a guy at work. I built it up, did a dodgy red paint job and ditched 99% of the stickers. Dropped a 12x2 brushed motor in it (actually there was no brushless or Lipo in those days!) and basically burned rubber in straight lines everywhere and drove into curbs and walls while having nearly no control of the car in a continuous fashion. I never really got the car, it didn't turn, it didn't slow down, it didn't grip.. it just didn't. So by the time I was 18 the car was dumped in its box never to be looked at again. Fast forward 18 years and I don't know where the rest of the car went, but I think it deserves to be made into the car it should have been. With the release of the ff03 has ment I can buy the Opel vectra shell again and start this process from scratch, of course ff01 parts are a bit thin these days. Pictures below show what I'm starting with. I've got about 10 orders coming from all corners of the earth to get this thing back up and running in the coming week.
I've always loved the Peugeot 306 Maxi. It looks great and sounds fantastic! Tamiya's recreation is perfect and I thought how I just had to have one! After searching for a car for a while I found a kit without a body on eBay. From the pictures, the car looked in reasonable condition, but far from mint. It arrived a few days later and I was pleasantly surprised by what I found under all the grime! As soon as I got my hands on it, I took it apart. It was in fantastic condition and looked hardly used. It was as if it was used many years ago a few times, and put on a shelf to collect grime! I added many new parts from my M03 spares box. New Tamiya diff, new Bearings throughout, new shafts from diff to wheel, new steering hubs, new ball joints, new servo saver, new battery trays, new rear hubs, new rear axles to name a few of the parts added to the FF02 chassis. I took out the ugly manual speed controller and added a new TEU-104BK which is definitely more pleasing to the eye! The car also had Acoms radio gear and silver can motor. I noticed that the beautiful Speedline wheels had yellowed, so I plan to replace those in the future. Perhaps with a set from the FF03 Honda Accord Aero-Custom? For the chassis, I obviously needed a body. £65 for a Maxi body on eBay I feel is rather excessive, so I didn't want to pay that! After surfing the Internet, I emailed Stella Models to see if they had one. They managed to find one for me and I payed a far more reasonable price. Fantastic service from Stella Models, and it arrived in just over a week from Hong Kong! Now I just need to get the body painted and the new wheels bought. It should be finished soon, so I will update the thread when it is complete. Expect a lot of photos! Thanks Sam
For some of you this sight might be familiar already from oOple, but being a Tamiya based project, I really yhink I should post this here as well I present to you, the TRF201 FF: oOple Development/Build Thread Specs/Features List: - TRF201 Gearbox (with Ball Differential and Slipper Clutch). - DB01 Front Uprights+Caster Blocks. - TRF HL Aeration Dampers. - Double Wishbone Front Suspension with Inboard Dampers. - Trailing Arm Rear Suspension (2 Degrees Toe-In, -2 Degrees Camber each side). - Developed for use with a Low Profile Steering Servo and 'Shorty' (=95mm long) LiPo Stick Pack. - Compatible with modern Pin-Type Rear Wheels on the whole car. - BRCA, EFRA and BNK Legal to run in 2WD Dlass. - Approx. 284mm Wheelbase, 250mm Width. Existing/Production parts in the design: - TRF201 Gearbox. - TRF HL (TRF201) Aeration Dampers. - TRF201 Steering Arms+Servo Saver. - DB01+TRF201 Suspension Blocks on the front suspension. - DB01/DF03 Hybrid Universal Shafts (DF03 70mm dogbone, DB01 rear axle). - TRF201 45mm Titanium Turnbuckles (for camber links). - TRF Adjusters on the whole car. - DB01/TRF Rear Wheel Axles (for the rear wheels). - 4x Pin-Type Rear Wheels.