Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'support legs'.
Found 2 results
I am building a Tamiya Grand Hauler (#56356). I am installing the MFC-01 MFC (#56511) and using the Tamiya Attack 4YWD-2.4G Radio Control (#7255252) with the supplied 4-channel receiver. I am building the Flatbed Semi-Trailer (56306) and using the Motorized Support Legs kit (56505). I am using a Hitec HS-322HD servo for the coupler. Everything functioned perfectly right out of the box with no adjustments needed EXCEPT the coupler servo will not operate. I’ve checked all the wiring several times and am convinced all the connections are correct. I’ve plugged the servo into the steering port to prove that it functions (if does). On page 10 of the MFC instruction manual, there are instructions for switching between Horn mode and Support Legs mode. “Slide 4ch (L) trim lever completely to the right. Push the stick completely to the right to conduct the following operations listed below.” I do this, but the right stick continues to be in the horn mode. It will not operate the coupler servo. Anybody have any ideas how to fix this?
Has anyone used the OB1 wireless trailer light kit with Tamiya motorised support legs? I see the OB1 transmitter has a connection to J9 on the MFC for support legs, but I can't tell what this actually means on the OB1 receiver - is there an option for output to the support leg motor directly from the OB1 receiver, or is it just for lighting functionality? My custom race trailer build has stalled because I don't know if I need to fit the rather ugly bulky mechanical switch box to the kingpin to operate the motorised support legs as per a normal installation, or if I can control the legs electronically from the OB1. If I can go wireless then that's totes awesome, all I need to do is mount legs and motor. If I have to fit the switch mechanism then I'll have to royally hack the front end of my trailer apart to make it fit. I ordered an OB1 wireless kit a few weeks back but there's been a delay in getting stock so I can't progress with my project - could still be a week or two before I get my hands on an OB1 and I'm struggling to find a full manual online...