Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags '1/14th scale'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Tamiyaclub.com Forums
    • General discussions
    • Vintage Tamiya Discussion
    • Re-Release Discussions
    • Tamiyaclub News
    • Tamiyaclub Rules and Site Usage
    • Build Tips and Techniques
    • Monster Trucks, 4x4, Wheelie Rigs and Crawlers
    • Big Rigs and Scale Armour
    • All things RC Nitro
    • The Builds
    • TC Designs...
    • All things electric...
    • RC Racing Talk
    • Meetings & Events
    • Sales, trades & wanted
    • Off-Site sales plugs, tips & gossip - Including eBay, Gumtree etc.
    • Related sites
    • Suspicious Traders
  • Tamiyaclub Sponsors Forum
    • FusionHobbies.com
    • Stellamodels
    • Time Tunnel Models
    • Tamico.de
  • Other makes of RC model...
    • Kyosho
    • Marui
    • Nikko
    • Other makes
  • tcPhotos.com
    • About tcPhotos.com
  • The Outside World
    • Anything not RC related goes here

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL







TC Subscriber

Found 1 result

  1. Just did a quick conversion on a new Tamiya quick drive buggy.. This was a thundershot originally and it had the bearing-less front wheels.. I fixed that by drilling out the plastic uprights and fitting an axle from the later car that accepts 1150 bearings . I haven't fixed the wheels, just drilled the upright to accept the 5mm axle..so I can use 1150 bearings on the front.. So this is your starting point, Rip all this out,, Servo, circuit board, on/off switch and charge port.. This circuit board was working, so I labeled all the wires and de-soldered them.. This one's from 1988 Fit a standard 1/10 servo with tabs trimmed off. I had to relocate the wire exit on the servo, but I just cut a hole, moved the wires and hot-glued it exiting the bottom plate of the servo. There are 2 plastic clips to hold the servo in, but I used a blob of hot glue as well, just to make sure it won't come loose without force. Then we have a 2.4Ghz receiver, and a brushed Hobbywing ESC.. switch has been hot-glued in place, so the old pins on the top tray may need trimming to fit, I believe that they held the original switch in place. Bottom shot Need a bigger capacity battery, or another one the same.. You can also see the standard Tamiya servo saver.. (from a Tamiya kit, not from this model) Servo saver holes drilled out to 3mm to fit the 5mm brass ball connectors. (4x brass ball connectors) Then some 3mm threaded rod,(I cut a M3 50mm machine screw down to size), these connect the servo to the wheels. Another servo shot!!!.. I had to trim a few mm off the servo hole to stop it binding. You can make out the rough edge nearest the brass balls.. not much needed removed, I could have messed around with servo savers for a better fitting one . Not touched the gearbox yet, just soldered the wires from the ESC directly to the motor., However there do seem to be some changes to the gearbox in the later cars I have..
  • Create New...