Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'TXT-1'.
Found 5 results
I was lucky to score a fair decent condition TXT-1. As I'm going through disassembly I noticed several screws are definitely worn and rusted and chances are I won't be able to get them out with damages to the plastic parts. Since this is my first MT so I'm quite a newbie when it comes to the Clod/Bullhead/Juggs parts compatibility. Would there be a break down on what I can use/source from other MT? So far I think all the tires and wheels and hub assembly seemed to be the same. The Jugg axle and gearbox might be the same. Am I missing anything else?
More RC models and bodies (Tamiya, Kyosho, Yokomo, Imai, Marui, Kawada, 3Racing, Proline, Carrera, HPI, Futaba)
Mokei Kagaku posted a topic in Trade ArchiveSince posting this two days ago http://www.tamiyaclu...showtopic=78760 and this yesterday http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=78777 , I have found more RC models, bodies and parts that I don't need anymore and would be happy to sell. Please see new list below with the additional items since yesterday. Please send me a PM if anything should be of interest or if you're looking for something not found in the lists. I have quite a bit more stuff for sale. Will send photos of all items of interest to you, so you will know the exact condition of what you get before you buy. On request, I'll send you the lists as an Excel-file or a suitable text format. RC Models: RC Bodies: RC Parts (and RC Mini 4WD kits):
After having a reasonable success with fitting the 4274 Ezrun motor in my TXT-1, I've decided to try and improve the fitment by designing and building my own gearbox for it, designed around the 4274 sized motor. I set myself the following design goals: 1. Centre the motor above the drive shaft. 2. Lower the motor to improve the centre of gravity. 3. Allow the fitment of Traxxas Revo UJs with threaded securing pins, as well as standard Tamiya drive shafts. 4. Re-use the existing Tamiya TXT-1 gears 5. get rid of the need to use 1160 sized bearings on the main transmission shaft. 6. Allow the use of a 12tooth to 20tooth pinion. 7. Lower the output shaft to help straighten the UJs This is what I've got so far: This is the main rear plate of the gearbox. It holds 2 idler shafts, and the main transmission shaft. The bearing housing for the main shaft holds 2 1260 bearings. Rear bolts are recessed into the body. Idler shafts are press fit so do not drop out or rotate. Comparison of size with a normal transmission case. Supporting rods for the other main plate are 5mm steel Home made steel components. The hex drive started life as round bar. It will be loctited onto the main shaft with gear locker eventually. Assembly so far. It is interesting to note that the TXT-1 gears have a perfect tooth count for 2 of the idler gears to run on one shaft. Perhaps it was originally the intention for the gears to be fitted in this manner, but some other design requirement resulted in the actual TXT-1 layout that uses 3 idler shafts instead of 2. The next plate will have the motor mount incorporated into it, so that will show the design off better. The motor sticks out in front of the transmission as it does in the king hauler gearbox. The 4274 will hopefully slot between the top links of the suspension. With the idea that I currently have for the motor mount plate and the method for attaching the transmission to the chassis, the motor will sit 20mm lower in the chassis. I have also decided with this project, to build 2 gearboxes, one for myself, and one to sell on.
Thought I'd post this as it might of interest to TXT-1 owners out there (and possibly TXT-02 and Jugg owners too). I recently bought an EzRun 4274 combo from Ebay, to fit either in my TXT-1 or the half track I'm building (In the big rigs forum). I did a trial fitment in the TXT-1 and with the aid of a home made spacer it fits quite well: Before and after, the 2 Trinity chameleon motors for size comparison against the 4274. The 4274 also has an extra 4mm on the diameter: I used a RW racing pinion, and 15tooth for 5mm shaft. It was a bit of a tight fit, but running a 5mm drill bit through the centre removed the slight high spots around the grub screw hole and now it slides on smoothly. It also has the advantage over the pinions on the standard size motors of having wider teeth which match the counter gear width perfectly. Spacer is clearly visible here. It's made from a 5mm thick aluminium plate, and gives perfect separation for fitment of the pinion. It's circular, 40mm diameter, 14mm centre hole, with motor holes 25mm apart. Fits in the chassis quite nicely: Although it is a very close fit to the suspension cantilever. If I'm going to fit it I still need to cut a couple of pieces out of the spacer plate to accommodate the countersunk screw that holds the centre counter gear shaft, and also the bottom mounting screw closest to the motor, but it's a fairly simple fitment to fit what is a motor that is quite larger than normal. The motor is only 2000KV, but the combo is rated for 4S, which would make the performance quite lively, although I would probably only use it with 3S at the most. Still can't decide whether to put it in this or the half track though....
I just picked up the one in the middle - my first Clodbuster, and I have to say that while the Jugg still wins all the sexy, and the TXT wins the crawling, the Clod is a delightfully straightforward "I'm here to crush cars and be awesome" design. No fiddling with torque roll or super-hard leaf spring suspension.