Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'refurb'.
Found 2 results
Hi all, new to the forum. I've been wanting a Peugeot 306 Maxi for a long time and finally got one after a bit of drunken eBaying a couple of weeks ago! I have a real 306 race car hence why I particularly wanted the Maxi Here's how it arrived: The link between the servo and the horn is broken so there is quite a lot of play in the steering making it fairly unpredictable to drive! I've stripped down the front end and cleaned it all up. I noticed the chassis has cracked a little around where the top of the shocks bolt on so think I might replace it for peace of mind. I also then lowered the shell as it was sitting too high for my liking: Plans are to fix the steering then set about upgrading bits. I'd like a 19T motor and to replace the speed controller as it's a bit old now. Any advice on what ESC and motor to go for would be great! Once that's done I'll start adding extra hop up bits to make it a bit more fun to drive. Thanks for any help in advance
** If you wish to see the photos in one place, here is a link to the album on Imgur - http://imgur.com/a/fNZKP ** Originally, I wasn't going to post this restoration/refurb on here, but I eventually decided otherwise. Basically, I purchased a 1980s (1987 I think) Hornet from a seller on eBay, as a partial restoration project the guy never finished. I've been on the hunt for a Hornet restoration project for some time, and this one was just right, The seller had already replaced the chassis, gearbox, wheels, tyres and servos with new ones. This was a shame in a way, as it meant I had less work to do, but on the flip side, it probably helped my wallet as well. He also included a brand new, un-painted body. The current body, which I've recently removed all the stickers, wasn't in a bad condition. Just a few cracks here and there, and a lot of paint chipping off. Once the Hornet has been restored, I'll have a go at saving the old body, if I can. Anyway, the car needed an speed controller to replace the mechanical one, a new receiver and a motor. Thankfully, I have a spare 17x2 motor I can use, and have recently purchased a new speed controller and receiver, which should be here soon. I've also purchased the paint for the body. Above photos show the chassis and the original bodyshell. Hopefully I can save that shell with a nice coat of paint on the inside and the outside. The spoiler couldn't be saved, but I have an idea how to obtain a new one. As mentioned, the old mechanical speed controller will get replaced with a new one. Once the new items arrive (hopefully by Monday) I'll upload some new photos, before starting the re-build and painting the new shell. And these one show the new shell, ready for painting. I wanted to paint it Metallic Red, but the site I usually get my paints from had none in stock. I tried to get all the parts in one place, but that failed. So I opted for a different colour. You'll see once I upload the photo. I'm sure this restoration.... I use the term loosely... won't be all that exciting, as most of the work was already done. So it'll most likely be a short one. Anyway... feel free to follow the build... or don't, I won't blame you