Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'restoration tamiya striker'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Tamiyaclub.com Forums
    • General discussions
    • Vintage Tamiya Discussion
    • Re-Release Discussions
    • Tamiyaclub News
    • Tamiyaclub Rules and Site Usage
    • Monster Trucks, 4x4, Wheelie Rigs and Crawlers
    • Big Rigs and Scale Armour
    • The Builds
    • TC Designs...
    • All things electric...
    • RC Racing Talk
    • Meetings & Events
    • Sales, trades & wanted
    • Off-Site sales plugs, tips & gossip - Including eBay, Gumtree etc.
    • Related sites
    • Suspicious Traders
  • Tamiyaclub Sponsors Forum
    • FusionHobbies.com
    • Stellamodels
    • Time Tunnel Models
    • Tamico.de
  • Other makes of RC model...
    • Kyosho
    • Marui
    • Nikko
    • Other makes
  • tcPhotos.com
    • About tcPhotos.com
  • The Outside World
    • Anything not RC related goes here

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 1 result

  1. kontemax

    Striker restoration

    Hi folks, recently I bought a new "Striker" sticker sheet so I decided that the moment is arrived. So I did take out the car from the storage boxes to complete the restoring work. With bad surprise I did see that the restoring work is not so good as I remembered and my quality standards are now increased up with the time. The car is very far to perfection. One of the problems is the dust that is now fixed to the paint and should need the polish to go away. The top shell white is more yellow to the lower chassis. Due the epoxy resin that covered all the top shell it has many damages. One of them is a sort of subsidence on the bonnet nose probably caused by some chemical reaction with ABS. The other problem is the driver cockpit that is very very rough because I didn't be able to clean well the surface, specially between the arms. Another aspect is the protrusion near the right arm that I never liked (it is needed to get clearance for the MSC). At the end there are a couple of rounded corners on the sides of the top shell. They are due the files and sandpaper I used to clean the body from the resin. The lower chassis was broken in the front end near the damper tower. This is frequent and I already repaired it but not so well. Now the chassis nose goes slightly up and both parts now don't fit perfectly. I will break it again and I will make a new better surgery. To finish the bad job I used gray rough primer that is not so advisable with white fine paint. This was my first attempt to restore an ABS body and the car was in really terrible condition, all covered with a sort of hard epoxy resin, hard like steel. Sometimes I don't understand what happen in the people's brains. Now all parts are new, added a "Sonic Fighter" higher front damper stay that allows four oil shocks all around. The wheels are my GH2 one and are mounted here just for the pictures. The car will have its own originals. I found this car in the rubbish and I want make it a shelf queen. To be honest I also have a spare decal sheet and spare NIP top and lower shells but this is a challenge for me. It will needs many time imho. Stay tuned. Max