Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'rmr'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Tamiyaclub.com Forums
    • General discussions
    • Vintage Tamiya Discussion
    • Re-Release Discussions
    • Tamiyaclub News
    • Tamiyaclub Rules and Site Usage
    • Build Tips and Techniques
    • Monster Trucks, 4x4, Wheelie Rigs and Crawlers
    • Big Rigs and Scale Armour
    • All things RC Nitro
    • The Builds
    • TC Designs...
    • All things electric...
    • RC Racing Talk
    • Meetings & Events
    • Sales, trades & wanted
    • Off-Site sales plugs, tips & gossip - Including eBay, Gumtree etc.
    • Related sites
    • Suspicious Traders
  • Tamiyaclub Sponsors Forum
    • FusionHobbies.com
    • Stellamodels
    • Time Tunnel Models
    • Tamico.de
  • Other makes of RC model...
    • Kyosho
    • Marui
    • Nikko
    • Other makes
  • tcPhotos.com
    • About tcPhotos.com
  • The Outside World
    • Anything not RC related goes here

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL







TC Subscriber

Found 1 result

  1. Thought I'd share my TLT based crawler. I should have started a build thread in the builds section, but I got a little ahead of myself. So it's almost done, I'll post any changes going forward. This is my last set of TLT axles, well modified from my crawler. I've had these for a long time, and they have held up incredibly well. The cases are a little beat up, but they still have a lot of miles left in them! I cut a chassis out of 2.5mm 6061 (lower chassis) Front axle was set up with a 3-link and panhard set-up. Originally, I started with a Tamiya Mini X-Acto motor and a double GRU connected to the t-case with a M06 dogbone, though I found it to be a little under geared. Once I had everything sorted, I sprayed the chassis flat black and made a trans mount out of 6mm aluminum. Very solid, no flex here. Motor is low and forward, right where it should be Chassis was designed for a Tamiya LC40 body. I love these bodies, I've got 4 of them in use currently. Decalling them is an exercise in patience but I enjoy it immensely! I had a few issues with the white, it unfortunately was too thin in spots and the backing black bled through. (: Painting is not my strong suit! I decided to power through and used some left over Rough Rider/Buggy Champ decals as kind of a modern take on the Rough Rider theme.. I think it came out pretty good! Other than the questionable paint of course. Compared to my CFX, it has a bit more aggressive stance. I like it... And out on my test course... The tires are not quite the best since they are quite old, but I tried a few other combos, and just thought these looked spot on. I have made a bit of a change to the drivetrain since taking the pics, it's much more trail friendly now. I'm hoping she'll get her first trail run this weekend if the weather holds.
  • Create New...