Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'sfr1'.
Found 1 result
I looked at installing a Beier or Servonaut system in my Globe Liner a couple of years back, when I was getting pretty tired of the limitations of the Tamiya MFU-01. However it looked like it was going to be a very expensive venture - a new ESC for the truck, plus the Beier sound module, plus the worry that the two wouldn't play well unless I went with an expensive Beier ESC. I played around for a bit with my Arduino project, but the amount of work involved got overwhelming (especially when dealing with trailers) so it's been parked for a long time and isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Then I heard about the Beier SFR-1. This is a clever conjoining of the Beier ESC and Beier sound module to make a single integrated sound, light and ESC module. It has all the programmability and customisation options of previous Beier systems but comes in a single compact package. Perfect for those rigs with full interiors and limited space. After a little bit of saving and deliberation I decided to hit the button. I ordered an SFR-1, a trailer IR module, various cables and connectors and some odds and ends that I have ended up not using. Although the Beier is been in place for a fair few months, I haven't done much documentation of my progress yet. I didn't do many lorry meets last year; those I attended I largely hung around chatting instead of getting on the layout and driving, and with the virus still lurking among the population it will likely be a long time before we can pack a small village hall with two dozen overweight and elderly men. Not that I am trying to make a statement about the model truck demographic, but one must be realistic about these things. So one of my many lockdown projects has been the slow improvement of the Beier installation and the Globe Liner itself. This thread aims to document my successes and failures so anyone who wants to follow in my footsteps can at least be forewarned. To begin: here's the Globe Liner as it was when I first built it. It was build with a used MFU-01 (which was supplied with my MAN TGX 6x4 Full Option kit and which I replaced with an MFU-03).