Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'thunderbird'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Tamiyaclub.com Forums
    • General discussions
    • Vintage Tamiya Discussion
    • Re-Release Discussions
    • Tamiyaclub News
    • Tamiyaclub Rules and Site Usage
    • Build Tips and Techniques
    • Monster Trucks, 4x4, Wheelie Rigs and Crawlers
    • Big Rigs and Scale Armour
    • All things RC Nitro
    • The Builds
    • TC Designs...
    • All things electric...
    • RC Racing Talk
    • Meetings & Events
    • Sales, trades & wanted
    • Off-Site sales plugs, tips & gossip - Including eBay, Gumtree etc.
    • Related sites
    • Suspicious Traders
  • Tamiyaclub Sponsors Forum
    • FusionHobbies.com
    • Stellamodels
    • Time Tunnel Models
    • Tamico.de
  • Other makes of RC model...
    • Kyosho
    • Marui
    • Nikko
    • Other makes
  • tcPhotos.com
    • About tcPhotos.com
  • The Outside World
    • Anything not RC related goes here

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL







TC Subscriber

Found 2 results

  1. Hello, Few weeks back, the postman delivered 3 parcels, among which there was two Marui rare cars: a Ninja, and a Shogun (from two different origins). It is quite exceptional get a Shogun, but to get a Shogun and a Ninja the same day is probably even more nowadays... Specially considering that there was also a Samurai in very nice shape in the last parcel of that day... The Ninja chassis is in good shape, with its bumper and all the elements that comes with it. The body shell will require a replacement. And I have already some multipurpose driver figures from The Optima House to complete it so its good. The rear transmission seemed to be locked but upon inspection, it seems that there was an mistake made to rebuilt it and a long screws on the shaft cover instead of a short one was the cause of this. This is sorted. I will still need to do a full tear off to clean it up, but beside that, it looks fine. For the Shogun, the situation is more difficult: - the rear gearbox will require some work. - Front gearbox is missing the D-Cut bevel gear which transmit the power from the rear, the central shaft and the joints - for the wheels, 3 rims are broken (they are extremely rare, probably even more than Samurai ones) - Driver is missing (but same as for the Ninja, I will have an easy solution). Bumper is missing (it is the same as the Ninja but the color is different), and the battery door is missing as well (as often on those Marui chassis). I had already a solution for the central shaft and joints. I'll probably have to model the d-cut bevel gear to complete this. I did not tear the Shogun yet, but worst case scenario, I have already some small metal bevel gears ready just in case (I had an opportunity to get those, and since I would like to have a Coors as well at some point, that could be useful). Further, if my understanding is correct, the Samurai rear diff is the same as both front and rear diffs used in Ninja/Shogun (and that means the spare diff set from Aristcraft I have could be used as well, but I will have to specifically confirm this in situ). Yesterday, I decided to get into the operations. And I decided to focus first on the battery door. It is a simple part. I took the measures and did it in Fusion 360. 15 minutes later, I had this. And this morning, I test printed my door... Not bad, a quarter of millimeter to review on the locks and that's it (I believe it could work that way, but as it is already difficult to get the battery door out, it's not what I call perfect so I corrected it). Then, putting all the pictures together in my files (like I do always with my RC cars projects, for which every pictures you see on a thread is before stored in a folder for the pictures of the project, next to the documentation and so on), I discovered there was two version of the battery door. Here is the picture I received from a friend with a Marui T-Bird Coors. There is some ribs added at the rear end, likely to protect the gearbox. For the small story, I had some discussions recently with a friend with another T-Bird Coors, and that one don't have the ribs. I did further search on internet, and found some pictures with Shogun with the battery door with the ribs... My assumption is that those ribs were added at the time of the introduction of the Shogun (and there was a few months of T-Bord Coors production without them - T-Bird released in August 1987, and Shogun released in December 1987). I decided to rework my Battery door design to add ribs (it definitely makes sense to protect the gearbox): I do not have precises measurements for the ribs, so I made them up from the thickness (I had a picture from my friend with the Coors indicating this), proportion and lining up elements with other elements, and the size of the gearbox part it is supposed to protect... I did the design with MJF/SLS PA12 printing in mind, so it had to respect some thickness rules to be printed anywhere... I'll share the parts on my thingiverse at some point when I will have the final part printed. And while I did start this project officially, that doesn't mean it will run quickly like the others that are on top of the priority list, so don't expect this one to move fast Thanks
  2. New in box, you will never find this in this near perfect condition. everything new and box in near perfect condition for its age. rare car SOLD
  • Create New...