Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'tlt'.
Found 4 results
Latest Update 01/10/2020: Now wearing JConcepts F250 body OK, this is a bit of a random project. It began life way back in the mists of time as something completely different, but I'll skip the convoluted history and go right for the current status. I'm having a real thing for monster trucks right now, and I figured when I'd finished my TXT project I'd build a smaller, more garden-friendly monster from a TLT/Axial-based crawler that I put together a year ago from parts I had lying around. I put together a series of Showroom entries about it last year, which you can read here, if you want some more detailed history of these parts: https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=133649&id=15729 I bought a JConcepts 1984 F250 body and some alu section that I could use to hack together a rough-and-ready truck out of these parts. But before that, I figured I should test-fit the monster truck wheels to make sure they would work with the axles and links. Here they are - HPI wheels and Ho Bao Monster tyres. These have a history too - they have been in my wheels box for over a decade. The tyres have gone white and powdery but are still soft and grippy. I needed to use Junfac axle wideners so they would clear the links and shocks. With that done, I figured I should take it out for a test-drive as-is, before I took it apart.
For sale, 4 lightly used TLT-1 shock absorbers. These came off my Lunch Box 4x4x4 scratch build, so have spent most of their life on a shelf model. The springs were not fitted, I was using them only as dampers for leaf springs, so the springs are still fresh. The shocks are also I believe a Hop up for the Juggernaut / juggernaut 2 monster trucks shocks remainder of sprues with spring tensioners, etc sleeves for shock tops These are rare to find now, but they are also used. The are very light scratches in places on the dampers, but unless you are fussy about them being absolutely mint, they are in very good condition. UK buyers only please, PM me with what they are worth to you, if someone buys them, I will send them 2nd class signed for via royal mail.
Thought I'd share my TLT based crawler. I should have started a build thread in the builds section, but I got a little ahead of myself. So it's almost done, I'll post any changes going forward. This is my last set of TLT axles, well modified from my crawler. I've had these for a long time, and they have held up incredibly well. The cases are a little beat up, but they still have a lot of miles left in them! I cut a chassis out of 2.5mm 6061 (lower chassis) Front axle was set up with a 3-link and panhard set-up. Originally, I started with a Tamiya Mini X-Acto motor and a double GRU connected to the t-case with a M06 dogbone, though I found it to be a little under geared. Once I had everything sorted, I sprayed the chassis flat black and made a trans mount out of 6mm aluminum. Very solid, no flex here. Motor is low and forward, right where it should be Chassis was designed for a Tamiya LC40 body. I love these bodies, I've got 4 of them in use currently. Decalling them is an exercise in patience but I enjoy it immensely! I had a few issues with the white, it unfortunately was too thin in spots and the backing black bled through. (: Painting is not my strong suit! I decided to power through and used some left over Rough Rider/Buggy Champ decals as kind of a modern take on the Rough Rider theme.. I think it came out pretty good! Other than the questionable paint of course. Compared to my CFX, it has a bit more aggressive stance. I like it... And out on my test course... The tires are not quite the best since they are quite old, but I tried a few other combos, and just thought these looked spot on. I have made a bit of a change to the drivetrain since taking the pics, it's much more trail friendly now. I'm hoping she'll get her first trail run this weekend if the weather holds.