Sign in to follow this  
foz75

Anyone here based in Spain?

Just wondering, because I am, and have still not found a decent supply of spare parts and other stuff here. I am regularly on the UK so can order there but that means quite a wait until I can get the parts. I can order from tamico or other places, but the postage isn't cheap...

Of anyone else is based in Spain, please let me know the best places to get parts, spares, etc!

I am also interested in hearing more about this as I am contemplating moving to Spain.

From your post I assume the regular Hong Kong e-stores are not a good option, such as rcMart and AsiaTees? How about Plaza Japan?

Google maps reports quite a few RC tracks in Madrid, I was hoping Spain would be a great place for the RC hobby.

I haven't tried the Asian stores, am hoping to find something local. I can order stuff from the UK to here, but in general things can take quite a while and postage costs a fair bit, thanks to Brexit... There must be some good RC shops somewhere, I just haven't found them yet... Need a rear axle for a CC01 and can't find one in Spain 

Hi, another Spaniard lurking in the shadows!! I used to buy from the UK all the time, but brexit has got me looking elsewhere, although I remain loyal to a couple of shops mainly for bodies  and spares (L&L and Tonys), now I go around more, mainly Germany, Hong Kong and Japan but always try the local shops first if possible.

On 11/7/2021 at 2:00 PM, OoALEJOoO said:

I am also interested in hearing more about this as I am contemplating moving to Spain.

From your post I assume the regular Hong Kong e-stores are not a good option, such as rcMart and AsiaTees? How about Plaza Japan?

Google maps reports quite a few RC tracks in Madrid, I was hoping Spain would be a great place for the RC hobby.

While it´s true that there are quite a few tracks around Madrid, it depends what are your interests to decide where to go.  If you explain what are you looking for I could give some advice (TT, on road, rallies, crawler...)

1 hour ago, Vaurien83 said:

While it´s true that there are quite a few tracks around Madrid, it depends what are your interests to decide where to go.  If you explain what are you looking for I could give some advice (TT, on road, rallies, crawler...)

Thanks, I have an interest in pretty much all types of cars/surfaces including touring, buggy, crawler, parking lot bashing, etc. Never raced competitively though since I have little time and opportunity to commit.

If you are coming to Madrid, there is a lot going on, we have a rally championship (Very good and competitive drivers but very casual atmosphere, really nice people), there are touring clubs that have pits, cleaning areas, nice tarmac tracks, there are tt circuits both private and public, and there are natural spaces more or less close (less than 1hour from the downtown) to enjoy crawling with several clubs and I think even a championship. So you can go for anything. Also lots of places around for casual bashing.

13 hours ago, OoALEJOoO said:

Thanks, I have an interest in pretty much all types of cars/surfaces including touring, buggy, crawler, parking lot bashing, etc. Never raced competitively though since I have little time and opportunity to commit.

In that case some recomendations:

The Rally Championship that @Kalamity mentioned  Rally Rc España 2021 - Rally RC Madrid

Two circuits in the south:

Club Automodelismo de Parla - Noticias (clubcapa.org)

ASOGER – Asociación de Getafe de Radio control

And another one in the north:

Club Automodelismo Radio-Control Alcobendas (clubarca.es)

There are some bashing places were some Tamiya/Vintage fans meet regularly. Free circuit in the parking lot , anda small  TT circuit free. No webpage, but here is the Google Maps link:

https://goo.gl/maps/2VKWWGeDacfkZm1A7

Probably there will be more places that other TC spanish members could add.

Regards.

I think @Vaurien83 gave you an excellent overview, I will add a couple of bashing spots for rally/TT use

Close to the last place @Vaurien83 mentioned is this big dirt parking place, but it gets crowded in the weekends so it has a limited window of use

https://goo.gl/maps/r4iobvW4mspViMhs6

This one is a very big empty lot, it is dirt, good for TT/rally/even crawling on the sides due to the steep and broken dirt walls, some people even made a TT circuit with jumps and track limits, nearby (walking distance) there is also an empty parking lot for tarmac bashing, but havent used it yet.

https://goo.gl/maps/GRhDLAewDBjc1dMn8

If you don´t have a car and you are limited to public transportation or want to remain within the city center, then you will have to get creative, there are some bashing spots, but depending on usage you can get frowned upon or asked to leave by police/security/people walking their dogs and so on...

For crawling we can ask around (not my area of expertise) if you are interested.