smirk-racing

Sway bars for Blackfoot / ORV chassis?

Hi All,

I came across these on ebay and wanted to see if anyone had installed these and had any experience with them.

I mostly drive in the yard, on the street, and at nearby parks, so the terrain is not all that rough, and perhaps a bit of cornering stability would be useful.

Thanks!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174494143071

1291368235_ScreenShot2021-11-08at11_17_31AM.thumb.png.15aa2d8fb56973502fd8612ac9d05860.png

Notice the pictures are all missing the front bumper... does that mean fitment issues? Hard to say what impact it would have on handling, I guess it would depend on how stiff the stabilizer bars are. It's also interesting that they chose to relocate the shock mount on the trailing arm--for what purpose I wonder?

1 hour ago, El Gecko said:

Notice the pictures are all missing the front bumper... does that mean fitment issues? Hard to say what impact it would have on handling, I guess it would depend on how stiff the stabilizer bars are. It's also interesting that they chose to relocate the shock mount on the trailing arm--for what purpose I wonder?

I have a rear sway bar from this 3rd party.  The extra mount raises the shock up slightly so larger diameter shocks can fit.  They make an accompanying mount that replaces the side mounted shock mount.

As for the bumper, I can’t see the sway bar interfering with the bumper or vice versa.  

15 hours ago, Frog Jumper said:

I have a rear sway bar from this 3rd party.  The extra mount raises the shock up slightly so larger diameter shocks can fit.  They make an accompanying mount that replaces the side mounted shock mount.

As for the bumper, I can’t see the sway bar interfering with the bumper or vice versa.  

Ah, that makes sense, even big bores would probably fit then.

For the bumper, I don't think it would interfere with the swaybar during normal operation, but since the instructions say to drill out the holes in the bumper mount to 3mm, I assume the bolts to hold the swaybar are inserted from the bottom rather than the top like the old self-tappers. Which means their heads are possibly in the way of the rear edge of the bumper, causing the bumper to bend. Although I suppose if you're drilling the mount, you probably wouldn't care about taking a bit off the bumper as well, to make everything fit correctly around the screw heads.

• Like 1