TWINSET

Limited Ed. 47481 Super Avante with painted body

From Mokei Kagaku on FB

255700912_4316100201850216_5475088778817

47481 Super Avante (Painted Body) (TD4 chassis)
Description:
No time to paint? Want to start building the main kit as soon as you open it!? Look no further as this Limited-Edition version of the Super Avante includes a pre-painted body with a few special-colored parts!
This R/C model assembly kit creates the Super Avante, a 4WD off-road buggy that is bestowed with Tamiya's legendary Avante name. It features an exceptionally low-profile design enabled in part by its front inboard suspension, with a shaft-driven 4WD drivetrain powered by a midship motor and employing front/rear ball differentials plus full ball bearings. Its futuristic body design is the work of Kota Nezu at Znug Design, and features numerous clear sections that just add to the Super Avante's distinctly modern mood, as do the cockpit-rear buttress and the four mini fenders.
TD4 - Low Profile, High Performance
The TD4 is a shaft-driven 4WD buggy chassis which employs front inboard suspension for slim, low-profile form. It features a longitudinal battery pack position in the center and a midship transverse motor for optimum balance and improved performance. The drivetrain uses full bearings, and sealed front/rear gearboxes have built-in ball differentials. Two link rods and crank arm transmit movement of the left-side servo to the three-piece steering arm setup. 4-wheel independent double wishbone suspension utilizes CVA oil dampers. Turnbuckle shaft upper arms facilitate camber angle adjustment. Two types (high/low) of wing stays are included and star dish wheels are paired with square spike tires which offer superlative grip off-road.
• 1/10 R/C model assembly kit. Length: 387mm, width: 246mm. Wheelbase: 283mm.
• The polycarbonate body is pre-painted and pre-cut.
• The main chassis and damper springs come in yellow color to make this release unique to the designer.
• The TD4 is a shaft-driven 4WD buggy chassis which employs front inboard suspension. It features a longitudinal battery pack position in the center and a midship transverse motor for optimum balance and improved performance.
• The 4-wheel independent double wishbone suspension system uses CVA oil dampers.
• Features full ball bearings.
• Star dish wheels are paired with square spike tires.
• Choose between high and low type wing stays to adjust the downforce depending on the road surface.
• Comes with a driver figure (not pre-painted) for extra realism, and high-torque servo saver.
• Requires: 2-channel radio, low-profile servo, ESC, Motor, and 7.2-7.4volt battery with compatible charger.

255639609_4316101038516799_5063950781659

• Like 4

I can't get past seeing 4 different shades of yellow between body, chassis, wheels and shocks.... :o

• Like 6

Chassis yellow looks ace actually!! But as above, the other shades of the same colour going on all over the place is far far too much, for all the wrong reasons. 🙄🥺

James.

• Like 3

So I preordered one as soon as they where available so guessing I’ll just be getting a regular version… mmm would have been nice to get a special first edition for those that preordered early.

I like this kit a lot, and there’s a lot to be done with it. Certainly the off yellow wheels are a fail given the other efforts, I’ll swap them out with other wheels if I get regular kit, or white may look best for the yellow chassis car.

Wow, that's a huge pile of yellow. Neat but I already have the "normal" version on pre-order.

Could we at least get the initial version of the Super Avante in our hands before they start with the "limited editions"? Kinda looks like the same school bus yellow found on the Heavy Dump and it does look clashy with the fluorescent looking yellow wheels. 

I was just about to order the standard kit this week but I think I will wait for this version now. Is it coming out this year?

A pre-painted "Black Edition" body while maintaining the black chassis could have perhaps made a more unique limited edition option.

I really love the shape/geometry of the body, it's the box-art color combination that doesn't click to me personally. Tamiya made the right choice of not having the standard edition pre-painted! :P

12 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I was just about to order the standard kit this week but I think I will wait for this version now. Is it coming out this year?

It’s anchored off the Port of Los Angeles.

I’m thinking the yellow chassis can work well with a second clear body shell being painted to work well together. And going black egress wheels. 

• Like 2

Way too colorful but to each their own lol. I’m sure eBay sellers will be parting out pieces from this kit and I’ll snag a pre painted body to have. I’m getting trf colors on the clear body. 

6 hours ago, Finnsllc said:

I’m thinking the yellow chassis can work well with a second clear body shell being painted to work well together. And going black egress wheels. 

I've got those wheels ready to go for my kit ;)

Must admit different shade of yellow do look a bit odd but that's what makes it quite interesting! Tamiya are doing very well in the many publicity photo shots of all the new chassis and buggies and limited editions and different creations of colours and videos of builds and it goes on an on for months and months!.......what would be a good idea is if tamiya could actually get the buggies to the people who have actually ordered one I'm getting a bit bored with just looking at different photos and videos of it😴 (after all all the other manufacturers have managed to get the products in the shops including kyosho who's having a bit of a tough time at the moment)

14 hours ago, Wandy said:

We will be lucky if we get first one this year 😉  The original was due in October, I doubt we will see it even in November 

8 hours ago, Raman36 said:

We will be lucky if we get first one this year 😉  The original was due in October, I doubt we will see it even in November 

Due November 29th here in the UK. I won't hold my breath though. They seem to be all over the place when it comes to worldwide delivery schedules & stock allocation at the moment.

Personally when it comes to the body I think each to their own, but I do wish Tamiya could work out what yellow was.

The Heavy Dump uses two quite distinct shades, the lighter yellow for the chassis, and a more orange yellow for the wheels and body and it does detract from the look. Interestingly the yellow for the body and wheels is the exact shade that my QD Pumpkin Roll bar uses, which itself it also different from the yellow of the QD, so my QD pumpkin and Heavy Dump both have two shades going on each.

I don't mind multiple shades on a car if that is the thing, but when paired against blue it's a complimentary colour, and should match up.

I'm not sure about the wheels and body - they might match better than the photos, but that tub should match, or better still the paint and wheels could be the same as that more orange/yellow which I think is a better complimentary colour to the blue.