BuggyDad

Wheel and tyre options - DT-03

26 minutes ago, matisse said:

I did, the TRF 201, but the standard would have for as well with the right spacers

This is what I found with the laydown parts.

20210502_104445

20210502_104536

20210502_104122

5 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

20210502_104445

20210502_104536

20210502_104122

Aye some dremel work was needed. I think the KR knuckles must be thinner as there was no need to finesse it. It’s should be all on the thread, and or my Aqroshot thread iirc

8 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

20210502_104536

I have a similar idea, but with a M-05Ra C arm, upside down. Why the Ra? It has ride height adjustment. And why upside down? It measures 11.1mm across the lower suspension arm, and 8.1mm across the top (now bottom) of the C arm. Spacers (2.5 or 3mm)should take care of it. The top? Well, the DT-02 turnbuckle set should work, but from the front, to clear the steering rod. 

I just placed the order for the parts which, hopefully, should be here in 2 weeks. If it works out, I will do a full write up about it. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

20210502_104445

20210502_104536

20210502_104122

this post. Shows how the Cougar KR parts fit fine.

• Like 1

I managed to cancel my orders for the other bits so have ordered the Cougar KR conversion kit. Will be interesting to give that a try. Thanks @matisse

Now, what wheels and tyres? Any suggestions gratefully received. I'm after more of an "all terrain" type option and with same sizes front and rear. Well, widths could be a bit different but not 2wd buggy different. Aiming for roughly buggy size or a little bigger, but maybe more rally style.

Would like for these to end up same final outside width as the stock ones on the rear and for fronts also to have minimal offset, for a specific body shell idea. Unlike the stadium truck ones I've got on there now which have huge offset. 

Maybe a bit of a Subaru Brat feel about wheel/tyre style? 

17 minutes ago, BuggyDad said:

Now, what wheels and tyres? Any suggestions gratefully received. I'm after more of an "all terrain" type option and with same sizes front and rear. Well, widths could be a bit different but not 2wd buggy different. Aiming for roughly buggy size or a little bigger, but maybe more rally style.

For general running, I use Fastrax buggy tyres. Cheap and disposable. I had a run of a battery pack with no wear at all on my Thunder Dragon with a TZ motor. Previously when I ran stocks, it worn down the pins on the stock by half. 

The problem is they are 4WD width fronts, which could cause understeer with our 2WD chassis? 

I have not received my conversion parts yet (I am going down the M-05Ra + turnbuckle set route and intended to get regular 2WD width Schumacher wheels and tyres with blue compound. Of course I am still searching for something else more suitable but as you may have discovered, finding the right wheels and tyres is not a easy task as many sellers do not list the critical dimensions.