Honza

Tamiya 54500 vs Yeah Racing TATT-026BU

Hi, I wanted to buy a #54500 for my project, unfortunately it's out of stock in all local shops - but I found similar part from Yeah Racing, TATT-026BU (I only need the spur holder). Does anyone here have both parts, I would like to know how they compare and if YR part has same dimensions as Tamiya

Thank you.

Where are you based? I have a spare one unopened new in packet, in the UK

I'm from the Czech Republic :) So I guess that shipping would be more expensive than buying the part locally. But thank you :)

I know that YR part will work for me, I just want to make sure that the project I'm working on will be compatible with Tamiya parts, too.

3 hours ago, Honza said:

if YR part has same dimensions as Tamiya

The short answer is yes.

Slightly longer answer: Yeah Racing has made it a business practice to closely mimick tamiya hopups, with a few exceptions such as their long-arm suspension set. I've bought YR parts instead of Tamiya parts (when I couldn't find Tamiya parts) time and time again with reasonable confidence that they will slot right in, and overwhelmingly this has been the case.

Disclaimer: I don't have first-hand experience with this particular part, but by looking at it, I'm quite sure is more of the usual.

At this point, I look for YR parts before Tamiya. YR quality is good, and the parts are at least available. Finding Tamiya spares in the states is slim to nil, because the American RC market is overrun with RTR monster trucks. And crawlers. Lots of crawlers.

5 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

The short answer is yes.

Disclaimer: I don't have first-hand experience with this particular part, but by looking at it, I'm quite sure is more of the usual.

Yes, so far, I have similar experience, but this particular part is slightly different, which makes it hard to guess from the picture. But I guess it's designed to be direct replacement of 54500.

3 hours ago, BelknapCrater said:

At this point, I look for YR parts before Tamiya. YR quality is good, and the parts are at least available. 

Yes, in this case, availability is only reason why I'm considering it. It's not even that cheaper, considering Tamiya includes a spur gear.

Thanks, I'm gonna order it.