Rich54129

Metallic graphite polycarb paint?

Hi folks,

I'm slowly progressing with my new Terra Scorcher build here and there when I get time. 

It's on my mind a lot about a non box art, two tone colour scheme.  Has anyone used Core RC "Metallic Graphite" paint for polycarbonate, and do you have any examples to show, so I can see how much metallic sparkle it has in it?

I'm thinking I want something darker than gunmetal, but Tamiya don't do a metallic black.

I considered doing a thin coat of transparent silver backed with black, but being a novice I imagine I could muck it up and get a patchy finish with the silver..

Any thoughts/ advice much appreciated.

Cheers,

Rich.

Thanks for the pic Sir Crashalot. Looks a bit lighter than I expected so that's useful thanks. 

23 hours ago, Rich54129 said:

Hi folks,

I'm slowly progressing with my new Terra Scorcher build here and there when I get time. 

It's on my mind a lot about a non box art, two tone colour scheme.  Has anyone used Core RC "Metallic Graphite" paint for polycarbonate, and do you have any examples to show, so I can see how much metallic sparkle it has in it?

I'm thinking I want something darker than gunmetal, but Tamiya don't do a metallic black.

I considered doing a thin coat of transparent silver backed with black, but being a novice I imagine I could muck it up and get a patchy finish with the silver..

Any thoughts/ advice much appreciated.

Cheers,

Rich.

Core seems to be hit and miss between good tins and clumpy splatter tins but if you want why not go a light spray of clear sparkle by Core (cr626) over a plain jett black? Pictures later but the metallic graphite is OK if your going with that

37 minutes ago, Wetman said:

Core seems to be hit and miss between good tins and clumpy splatter tins but if you want why not go a light spray of clear sparkle by Core (cr626) over a plain jett black? Pictures later but the metallic graphite is OK if your going with that

Cool thanks for the heads up about Core paint.. 

The idea was a line of gunmetal down the middle then metallic graphite on the sides, but the metallic graphite is lighter than I thought, maybe too similar to gunmetal?..  So I may just do plain black on the sides but still interested in the idea of sparkle or transparent silver backed with black..  I may stick to Tamiya PS if the Core paint is a bit hit and miss!

Yes if you've got a pic of sparkle backed with black that would be interesting to see cheers. 

24 minutes ago, Rich54129 said:

Cool thanks for the heads up about Core paint.. 

The idea was a line of gunmetal down the middle then metallic graphite on the sides, but the metallic graphite is lighter than I thought, maybe too similar to gunmetal?..  So I may just do plain black on the sides but still interested in the idea of sparkle or transparent silver backed with black..  I may stick to Tamiya PS if the Core paint is a bit hit and miss!

Yes if you've got a pic of sparkle backed with black that would be interesting to see cheers. 

I meant the graphite photos. I have one backed with pink (don't ask!!) I can put up. Not black but you'll get the general gist of what the sparkle does