simalarion

Fit New PropellerJoint & Drive Shaft on TXT-2

I looked at older posts and also asked in recent post i started, i bought what subject in post say but im quite sure i miss the part that join the Joint-Propeller?, i let pictures speak for themself:spacer.pngspacer.png

Ok, asked in other post also as i would like to ordrer what i miss fast. This looks promising to me?, probably it goes without saying for most off you but im stil quite new to the Hobby:spacer.png

You are almost there. Here's mine as reference. Your drive shafts from the gearbox needs to have a bit of room for contraction and expansion before it is connected to the axles. 

PXL_20211115_123734579.jpg

• Thanks 1

Finished 1 today but see a big potential peoblem other side, the Metal thing is Heat sink 19805657 BA20 in manual. I see no real use for it so i belive its either cut it or replace it with something. Well i will have to test first. Most of you probably dif this on a TXT-1. On TXT-2 its very tight where the propeller joint goes in:spacer.png

If some one wonder i believ a good fit for these shaft if you cut the shaft that go inside 1cm then 1,5 cm on the «outside shaft», then it should be just enough travel for «outside» shaft (have not tested driving). This for TXT-2 ofc

Just in case i can help someone that want to do this.

I also recomend a Dremmel (or simillar rotary tool) with plastic & metal cutter disc, they are cheap and works very well. Very happy with my Dremel 4000

Edit: Might as well post the Done side here as well spacer.png

• Like 1

21 hours ago, simalarion said:

Finished 1 today but see a big potential peoblem other side, the Metal thing is Heat sink 19805657 BA20 in manual. I see no real use for it so i belive its either cut it or replace it with something. Well i will have to test first. Most of you probably dif this on a TXT-1. On TXT-2 its very tight where the propeller joint goes in:

The TXT-1 and TXT-2 shares the same drivetrain and there's definitely some dremeling to fit this on the gear box. But it looks like you've done a wonderful job so enjoy your hard work and go truckin' !! Again, I have not had an issue with my set up for more than 4 years since switching to it. Other than an e-clip that got knocked loose. It was not gently driven that's all I'm going to say too 

• Thanks 1

The job is now done and did a test run with 3S and it went well. Thank you all, could not have done this without you!.

I waa about to install Tribute JConsept also, but as i suspected its not a direct fit, it seems the best fix was to use 1150 bearings to fill out space as they fit in perfectly. Need 6 more, ordered 30 since im fresh out.spacer.png

• Like 3

Shafts look great under there, shouldn't have any issues with those even on 3S.

• Thanks 1