Kol__

Black Friday

Just to ask as Black Friday pretty much is just a gimmic copied from USA which is pretty stupid as its a Thanks giving thing and very very Ameican as single day etc etc (soon to come Black Widow day) just to get their capitalism going strong ofc.In Norway it turned into black week then grey wenesday or something, sight!

Question did anyone here realy do a great RC deal on these days?, i ask because i never found any and as RCmart operate now its often just the «Before» price that is turned up then 30% is set and the price is then only marginally better than the original price (often you can even find it cheaper other places).

So i never found a good RC deal on these days (should be from 40% and up and the before price should be fair as 20-30% is pretty much a standard if you can wait and browse the market a bit for good prices). I did do 1 great deal on a expensive internett Radio that had 70% on correct pize 2 years ago, that was a steal (but thats off topic, im asking if anyone did get a great RC deal on Black Friday ofc)

• Like 1

I’m in the USA, but as @simalarion mentioned, I’ve not seen any special deals on things I wanted so I just stocked up on kits and electronics before inventory evaporated.. of course in some cases I hoarded and forced evaporation on some GF01 related wheels and tires.. :ph34r:

I’m pretty well stocked to last me for a while.  Happy hunting.  

• Thanks 1

DT-03 turned up today.

89-A3-AF54-46-D5-4-FDF-88-C9-FA9-FD4-F5-

989-DC48-B-526-D-4107-9414-DC22-B66-BDEB

CVAs and ESC as well as a silvercan with a sticker. Charity build thread to follow 

• Like 2

Ah, you ****** @Nobbi1977!:lol: I was resisting... until you put these pics up! I'm not even that keen on the Neo Fighter, but this is surely far too good a deal to pass up. So I've ordered one now too, coming with those extras it's a total frickin' bargain! I think I'll just put it away for a rainy day in the future:ph34r:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kol__ said:

I'm not even that keen on the Neo Fighter, but this is surely far too good a deal to pass up. 

I never liked the buggies much, especially the Fighter range. However, like you said, the price is too good to pass up to get as a basher trasher. 

So how much better is the Torque tuned than the standard silver can? A noticeable increase in acceleration or top speed? Cheers

3 hours ago, Kol__ said:

So how much better is the Torque tuned than the standard silver can? A noticeable increase in acceleration or top speed? Cheers

All round better, RPM 12500 vs 16000, Torque 200 vs 305. 

Note: although the video list the silver can as RPM 14000, I believe that is closer to the 540J, which is 14500.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Nobbi1977 said:

Just opened the box

1-D75-B112-DCDF-4894-A879-A26-BD1-C4-D74

So it is a 04 instead of a 02 as stated on the sticker. Anything else of note? CVAs? TT motor?

Had a look at the major/common UK retailers, no one seem to have any deals except MIBI. Actually good for me since my wallet (credit card actually) is too tight at the moment. Hoping for something for Boxing Day instead.

@alvinlwh watch out for the Tamico 'advent calendar' deals in the run up to Christmas, there can be some bargains.

VAT / customs charges and minimum purchase limits for the UK will apply now though so might not be as good as they once were.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

@alvinlwh watch out for the Tamico 'advent calendar' deals in the run up to Christmas, there can be some bargains.

VAT / customs charges and minimum purchase limits for the UK will apply now though so might not be as good as they once were.

I tend to stay away from DE (or any EU) shops as HMRC seem to be hitting them hard with the import "fines" while JP imports get in just fine.

I had a quick look, the TA03R-S I am interested in will cost £110 before the "fines", that is only slightly cheaper than FH after the 10% discount.

I will still buy from Amazon EU though as they prepaid everything.

Here is a heads up, FOG has discount codes.

10% off a £25+ purchase with code: BF25for10
15% off a £50+ purchase with code: BF50for15
20% off a £100+ purchase with code: BF100for20

https://fieldsofglorymodels.co.uk/collections/radio-control-r-c

Their SW-01 MudMad is already the cheapest anywhere and with 15% off will only be £47.80.

And they have the M-06 Karmann Ghia that I wanted! Ahhh!!!!

22 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

Their SW-01 MudMad is already the cheapest anywhere and with 15% off will only be £47.80.

I can’t see if the ESC’s and postage is included in the prices or where you add the discount code to reduce the end amount you pay. 

22 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

I can’t see if the ESC’s and postage is included in the prices or where you add the discount code to reduce the end amount you pay. 

Theirs are the standard UK package, so if the kit normally comes with ESC, then there will be. If it is a, say SW-01 or TA03R-S, then no. But as a seasoned RCer, i expect you to have a handful of ESCs around anyway and will not bother with basic Tamiya ones? 😁

Just a few random examples:

https://fieldsofglorymodels.co.uk/collections/radio-control-r-c/products/tamiya-r-c-kit-lunch-box-2005

Basic Specifications
Length: 385mm, width: 290mm, height: 225mm, weight: 1560g
540 type motor
Transmission Type: Rear 2 Wheel Drive
May be equipped with CVA Dampers
Includes One-piece type wheels
Features steering rod with ball adjuster
Tamiya Electronic Speed Control Included
Front and rear axle compatible with ball bearings (sold separately)

https://fieldsofglorymodels.co.uk/collections/radio-control-r-c/products/tamiya-r-c-kit-dark-impact-4wd

Not Included

• Radio Control Unit: 2Channel R/C unit w/ESC

Code works correctly on checkout.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Just seeing the price makes me want to cry... 😭

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

So it is a 04 instead of a 02 as stated on the sticker. Anything else of note? CVAs? TT motor?

CVA and TT motor as well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nobbi1977 said:

CVA and TT motor as well. 

That is insane value, minus the costs of these 3 items, it is like the car costs £12 or something. 

41 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

As luck would have it, I was looking at a kit from them the other day, so 20% off and a Christmas present ticked off the list! 👍👍

• Like 2

On that note, if your partner's name was Vanessa, and the only interest she'd shown in rc was enjoying a go on her son's buggy, combined with not exhibiting a negative reaction to the suggestion shortly after that was built that we might need a second one "to keep him company", would she get for christmas

a) perfume? 

b) a new vacuum cleaner? 

Or

c) a Tamiya Lunchbox kit? 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, BuggyDad said:

On that note, if your partner's name was Vanessa, and the only interest she'd shown in rc was enjoying a go on her son's buggy, combined with not exhibiting a negative reaction to the suggestion shortly after that was built that we might need a second one "to keep him company", would she get for christmas

a) perfume? 

b) a new vacuum cleaner? 

Or

c) a Tamiya Lunchbox kit? 

My wife's name is not Vanessa but she had given me the go ahead for the Karmann Ghia for Christmas. 😁

Even she admit it is rather good value. 

5 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

They Remove Vat before sending it, some orders slips through without Vat added again but do not count that in. In Norway Vat is added without Handeling charge now (thats new), that helps a lot on low cost orders

9 minutes ago, simalarion said:

In Norway Vat is added without Handeling charge now (thats new), that helps a lot on low cost orders

Honestly I do not mind paying tax, but it is the handling charge (I call it "fine") that gets me. Royal Mail charges £8 - £18 for the privilege of making me pay the tax, and quite often, the "fine" is more (like twice) the tax amount. 

Also, from what I heard, in the UK, HMRC is picking up almost all EU import for tax/fines. 

20 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

I can confirm the code works. Also with FOG, it is free postage over £30, even to me in Orkney. If you are on the mobile site, the place to enter the code is on the last page of the checkout, where you enter your CC number. 

spacer.png

• Thanks 1