Kol__

Black Friday

2 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

I can confirm the code works. Also with FOG, it is free postage over £30, even to me in Orkney. If you are on the mobile site, the place to enter the code is on the last page of the checkout, where you enter your CC number. 

spacer.png

Awesome stuff! I’ve got some Tamiya kits in my basket with the discount code applied, just waiting on some items I’m watching on eBay which I’m tempted by and then I’ll work backwards from there 😎

On 11/26/2021 at 3:56 PM, alvinlwh said:

Here is a heads up, FOG has discount codes.

10% off a £25+ purchase with code: BF25for10
15% off a £50+ purchase with code: BF50for15
20% off a £100+ purchase with code: BF100for20

https://fieldsofglorymodels.co.uk/collections/radio-control-r-c

Their SW-01 MudMad is already the cheapest anywhere and with 15% off will only be £47.80.

And they have the M-06 Karmann Ghia that I wanted! Ahhh!!!!

Thanks cost me a bit this weekend lol

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, djt111 said:

Same here, I am on starvation mode until the new year now.

• Haha 2

To update guys, my Amazon bargain Neo Fighter arrived last week (a day early) and as with @Nobbi1977's delivery, I can confirm that mine also came with all the extra goodies too -

kJIfJEZ.jpeg

LaovCZg.jpeg

fwWFFXg.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I also went for a Neo Scorcher in the BF sales as a Christmas gift from the wife to me!:D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, djt111 said:

3 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Same here, I am on starvation mode until the new year now.

I’ve just had my notification that mine are on the way!

Yep, an expensive weekend.

Bread and water all the way until NY, which might actually help me shift some lockdown weight 😂

1 hour ago, Grumpy pants said:

I’ve just had my notification that mine are on the way!

Yep, an expensive weekend.

Bread and water all the way until NY, which might actually help me shift some lockdown weight 😂

Got my warning, sorry, notice email too!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, simalarion said:

I will check on Tamico each day, i believe they will put up some very good offers

If their location works for you then, yes. I have scored a few bargains over the last few years. 

On 11/26/2021 at 2:30 PM, alvinlwh said:

So it is a 04 instead of a 02 as stated on the sticker. Anything else of note? CVAs? TT motor?

On 11/30/2021 at 11:56 AM, Kol__ said:

To update guys, my Amazon bargain Neo Fighter arrived last week (a day early) and as with @Nobbi1977's delivery, I can confirm that mine also came with all the extra goodies too -

Hi all.  My order arrived last week and like @Kol__ it came with TT motor, TBLE-04s (despite the sticker on the front stating 02s) and CVA set 54567.  Not bad for a smidge over £72 delivered.  Price seems to be £114 now, but the Racing Fighter is still on for c.£83 for those interested. B)

20211206_211833.jpg20211206_211845.jpg

20211206_211908.jpg

20211206_212024.jpg

• Like 2

Yeap, £114.26 now. If it goes down again, I might get one (after I done my next 2 cars) for a cheap basher. 

Good spot guys. Also it is now sold by Amazon and not Amazon EU, that looks to be backed up by the new 2 day delivery time with Prime in the UK as opposed to the 1wk delivery when I ordered and it came from Amazon EU. So that could lead us to believe these will now be the standard UK kit with none of the EU kit extras (CVA shocks, 04 ESC and Torque motor)?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00I92DJNQ/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_JK9KDXX0YSX3248QERQ2

28 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Good spot guys. Also it is now sold by Amazon and not Amazon EU, that looks to be backed up by the new 2 day delivery time with Prime in the UK as opposed to the 1wk delivery when I ordered and it came from Amazon EU. So that could lead us to believe these will now be the standard UK kit with none of the EU kit extras (CVA shocks, 04 ESC and Torque motor)?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00I92DJNQ/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_JK9KDXX0YSX3248QERQ2

Good point, @Kol__.  If it is indeed a UK spec going forward rather than the EU spec (there's nothing to suggest this other than the shift from Amazon EU to Amazon, but it would seem a logical conclusion) then that would mean a TT motor and friction shocks.  Not sure about the ESC...isn't TBLE-04S the Tamiya standard in the UK these days?

In which case, opting for the Racing Fighter (which is still Amazon EU) might be the safer option from now, unless someone confirms the spec with Amazon before buying the Neo Fighter of course. 

Interesting. I bought one from Modelsport before this amazon deal, and that had CVAs, Torque Tuned and TBLE-02S. The amazon (EU) ones I got subsequently were the same spec (except TBLE-04S). My amazon ones were, I think, a German supplier. Perhaps their amazon shop ("fulfilled by" and still on Prime) rather than sold by amazon themselves. 

1 hour ago, middleagedgrup said:

isn't TBLE-04S the Tamiya standard in the UK these days?

"standard" in UK these days is a re-badged HW1060. 

https://www.timetunnelmodels.com/live/catalog/carson-500906264-speed-controller-dragster-brushed-cars-boats-switchable-suits-nimh-lipo-made-hobbywing-p-68923.html

"These are branded Tamiya-Carson as they are ESCs that are currently arriving in some Tamiya kits (due to Tamiya not being able to source their own ESC due to chip shortages). 

1 hour ago, BuggyDad said:

Interesting. I bought one from Modelsport before this amazon deal, and that had CVAs, Torque Tuned and TBLE-02S. The amazon (EU) ones I got subsequently were the same spec (except TBLE-04S). My amazon ones were, I think, a German supplier. Perhaps their amazon shop ("fulfilled by" and still on Prime) rather than sold by amazon themselves. 

Oh right.  That is odd though, as the MS site these days states that 'their' Neo Fighter has friction dampers: link.  And you're right about the whole Amazon EU thing...  Amazon EU isn't in fact Amazon as you and I would know it...it's not Amazon Sarl (which is the Luxembourg entity through which Amazon themselves trade) but rather some sort of 3rd party fulfilment set up.  Trying to return damaged items sold by Amazon EU is how I know this... 

1 hour ago, alvinlwh said:

"standard" in UK these days is a re-badged HW1060. 

https://www.timetunnelmodels.com/live/catalog/carson-500906264-speed-controller-dragster-brushed-cars-boats-switchable-suits-nimh-lipo-made-hobbywing-p-68923.html

"These are branded Tamiya-Carson as they are ESCs that are currently arriving in some Tamiya kits (due to Tamiya not being able to source their own ESC due to chip shortages). 

Good info, thanks @alvinlwh - wasn't aware of this move to the 1060.  Pesky semi-conductor shortages! :D

40 minutes ago, middleagedgrup said:

Good info, thanks @alvinlwh - wasn't aware of this move to the 1060.  Pesky semi-conductor shortages! :D

It is good news for people wanting to run lower turns motor not so good news for people wanting to run brushless. 

Heads up for anyone wanting a M-05. NSU TT Prince Jagermeister going for £99.90 at Amazon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, middleagedgrup said:

Oh right.  That is odd though, as the MS site these days states that 'their' Neo Fighter has friction dampers: link.  

I actually asked the question for the Racing Fighter before. Even Tamiya themselves are not clear on this. 

• Like 1

The Neo had going back down to £73.34 and is from DE/EU again. Did someone actually bought the £100+ UK one? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

The Neo had going back down to £73.34 and is from DE/EU again. Did someone actually bought the £100+ UK one? 

If they weren't aware of the price history and thought the Amazon EU Racing Fighter might be downspecced, I don't see why not. Before the recent Amazon price the going rate elsewhere at just over £100 looked on a par with other kits - I paid that only 2 months ago. 

4 hours ago, BuggyDad said:

If they weren't aware of the price history and thought the Amazon EU Racing Fighter might be downspecced, I don't see why not. Before the recent Amazon price the going rate elsewhere at just over £100 looked on a par with other kits - I paid that only 2 months ago. 

That is true, when I first stared building Gundam, I always bought from Amazon and they are at least 25 - 50% more expensive than other UK suppliers. I had since discovered that these are effectively pocket money price if I buy directly from Japan, and will be at least 50% cheaper with postage. 

Sorted with my neo fighter added protection cover as well ideal for bashing as covers cracks😂0B833DCA-037A-4F51-BD14-CB3ECD73B011.thumb.png.fa985dc7217260f4bb57843f88b59830.png

• Haha 1