whahooo

DT-02 Asute Tribute

Hello,

soon i will get an used DT-02 Dessert Gator.
I think it will be in good shape, only the aluminum shocks look bad. i think CVAs would be better.

dg.jpg.f99bd07ebe08ead9117f656ae5f98ae1.jpgdg2.jpg.0a4f8a133cbbd0e28edc3d0b633ec7a8.jpgdg3.jpg.8d443f676aab08c28246074c878a36f2.jpgdg4.jpg.0fb8fe411c291db725b4e3e01d8ee439.jpg

I want to remove the Stickers an put Astute Stickers on it.
Maybe i will spray the windows with that Smoke Gray or something....
I have a Set of black Rims from My red Holiday Buggy, that will fit the Astute look.

I found

2 showroom Entrys that made Astutish Dessert Gators:

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=128633&id=8721

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=127886&id=39840

AND a Video:

There are 3 things that bother me:

.) The Shocks: I would love to have yellow CVA Shocks

.) The Cockpit: I don`t know how to feel about the cockpit.

.) The Wing: the Dessert Gator Wong looks quite different than the Astute Wing. So i don`t know how to fix that, if i should put the Stickers on the Dessert Gator Wing or if i shoud buy a plastic Wing from China and sand it down till it looks a bit like the Astute one.
https://www.ebay.at/itm/175000842236?hash=item28bedceffc:g:c2MAAOSw-KxhfUmu

What do you think?

• Like 3

The best one of the bunch is missing imo, the Des-T-Tute, inspired me to create the Madcap 2.0 from my old Sand Viper.

So, i got my Car yesterday.

Sadly the Color is not quite Astutish. It`s an metallic Red. I didn`t saw that on the Photos.

The original Astute has a bright red Color.

But i still think the Astute Stickers (that i already ordered) woluld look better than the Flames and Racingflag Design.

So i will go for an metallic red Astute Tribute, do you think it would look ok, or do you think i should go another Way with it?
Do you think i should paint the Windows with smoke Black? or with Black? or with no Paint at all?

Do you think i have to get another Wing or is an Metallic Red Astute Tribute with the Dessert Gartor Wing ok? (Or a big NoGo?)

As it is a tribute to the Astute I would go with the metallic red and the Dessert Gator wing. And I would smoke the windows.

Maybe you should wait until the stickers  arrive, then make a test fit and look some days at it and then decide.

Looks great, I done my old madcap/astute hybrid in metallic red and it looked great. Yeah the black wheels will finish it off nicely 👍

James.

@A-Baum

I got them from https://www.rcdecals.co.uk/search-results?q=astute

The Decalsheet is precutted soft/stretchy and very thick. I like that, but it is hard to get them into small Gaps. Also they do not attach if you using windex (Windowcleaner). I put the decals dirctly on the shell without Windex because the first Sticker i applied didn`t hold very well.

Also because of the thickness they aren`t usable for scalebuilds, because you "see" the decals. But for Buggys and stuff like that, i like that stretchy thick decals a lot more.

4 hours ago, whahooo said:

@A-Baum

The Decalsheet is precutted soft/stretchy and very thick. I like that, but it is hard to get them into small Gaps. Also they do not attach if you using windex (Windowcleaner). I put the decals dirctly on the shell without Windex because the first Sticker i applied didn`t hold very well.

Also because of the thickness they aren`t usable for scalebuilds, because you "see" the decals. But for Buggys and stuff like that, i like that stretchy thick decals a lot more.

Awesome thanks for the link.  I usually apply decals with a little bit of soapy water.  Wonder if that would work with these.  I always ****** up decals though.  But when you step back a couple feet, you can't hardly tell I messed them up!

On 12/2/2021 at 4:48 PM, whahooo said:

So, it´s done for the biggest part.

I stickered most of the Stickers from a Reprosheet and think does not look as bas as i thought in that red metallic tone.

DSC00850.thumb.JPG.8e62e745c9aef6f0584b58818fdc5b9a.JPGDSC00851.thumb.JPG.1f1c7b6c30740065ecfed5fafdb6a7fc.JPGDSC00852.thumb.JPG.f1c91662a7456f4f2a58d6ae96c4d0c5.JPG

I think i leave the red Oilshocks in and only change the Wheels into black ones that i have laying around from my red Holiday Buggy.

Looking good mate! The shell works nicelyB)

On 12/3/2021 at 11:22 AM, whahooo said:

@A-Baum

I bought a set from RC decals. In my limited experience the decals they supply are not really suitable for RC 1/10th bodies. They are, like you say @whahooo too thick and do not flex and fit to the shape of the body anything like original Tamiya stickers. And as said they are precut which is just a pain, as to get a proper satisfactory application you have to cut out the sticker and it's very tricky with the precut edge so close to where you're cutting.

Depends on your body and if it's a simple shape, like a truck for example, and you're not too bothered about it, then you could go with these, but to be honest they remind me of general kind of stickers I had as a kid.

I've now placed an order with MCI, pretty much the same cost, just got to wait for the shipping time from the US.