Sign in to follow this  
Losi XXT-CR

Have I missed the boat??

eBay or similar seems to be the only place now and prices are eye-watering. 

The slightly cheaper route (trough not actually cheap) would be to grab a Super ClodBuster and a Bullhead shell.

If you wait long enough, the boat will come around again. 

XV-01 was long out of production, now it's re-released.  I see DF-03 starting to flood the market again.  

• Like 2

Don't worry, give it 6 months and a Bullhead "Avante black Egress" will be out : )

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Gazzalene said:

Don't worry, give it 6 months and a Bullhead "Avante black Egress" will be out : )

Hopefully in the mega gorgeous Super Avante livery!!!

17 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Yes, discontinued I believe.

That’s a real shame. Just couldn’t justify the price. Sure it was available earlier in the year still. Really wish I’d found the money. I know they are dynamically rubbish. But I’ve wanted one since they were launched back in 1980 whatever year it was. 🙁

17 hours ago, GeeWings said:

The slightly cheaper route (trough not actually cheap) would be to grab a Super ClodBuster and a Bullhead shell.

Yeah I might. Although the colours are all wrong. Can you get the complete shell, stickers and bumper/exhaust bits still? I’ll have to have a look. 

I’ve just done a bit if a web search and found a few of these in model shops in Europe. Modellbau Seidel in Germany have them, but you’d need a friendly TCer in Germany to buy it for you and ship it to the uk as they don’t ship abroad these days.They are 299 euro,. I also found another at a shop that will ship direct, cost is 248 euro inc shipping, so add customs charge + the 20% vat and it works out at around £265-270 landed.

• Like 1

As above a good few places in Europe still have them in stock. Might be worth a try ?

Always had a soft spot for the Bullhead, really really wanted one as a kid. But unfortunately I got to try a friend's one earlier this year. Talk about never meet your hero's !! Really felt like a huge let down, bouncy stupid shocks, terrible handling, dodgy steering and was painfully slow. Still, I bet if I had got one when I was 12 year old or so I would have loved it. 👍 Maybe 🤔🙄

James.

• Haha 2

On 11/19/2021 at 8:02 PM, futureworks said:

I’ve just done a bit if a web search and found a few of these in model shops in Europe. Modellbau Seidel in Germany have them, but you’d need a friendly TCer in Germany to buy it for you and ship it to the uk as they don’t ship abroad these days.They are 299 euro,. I also found another at a shop that will ship direct, cost is 248 euro inc shipping, so add customs charge + the 20% vat and it works out at around £265-270 landed.

Could you send me a link for the latter one? Thanks.

On 11/20/2021 at 7:09 AM, InsaneJim69 said:

As above a good few places in Europe still have them in stock. Might be worth a try ?

Always had a soft spot for the Bullhead, really really wanted one as a kid. But unfortunately I got to try a friend's one earlier this year. Talk about never meet your hero's !! Really felt like a huge let down, bouncy stupid shocks, terrible handling, dodgy steering and was painfully slow. Still, I bet if I had got one when I was 12 year old or so I would have loved it. 👍 Maybe 🤔🙄

James.

I think you are right on the money here ^_^ I loved staring at the back page of the Tamiya catalogue, dreaming about owning a Clod. I was lucky enough to pick up a Super Clod Buster for a bargain two months before COVID landed. It was literally a dream come true!

I really enjoyed the build and planing my custom paint job. I knew the shocks were rubbish but the tyres made up for that. But when I first drove it....I was a bit....ummm....this is horrible! The way it wiggles around on top of those shocks :D I don't know why, but the steering on the rear wheels messes up my brain and I start to reverse my steering direction. 

It's not all bad. I do enjoy seeing it get big and bouncy air but expectation vs reality was a little dissapointing :D 

No regrets though, I still love to look at it on display. It's such a good looking model.

• Like 1

Well sadly I couldn’t find a Bullhead. The Euro places seemed out of stock too. 

Almost pulled the trigger on a Clod. Although I can see they are on back order too in some places. But it’s one of those things. The Clod just isn’t the one I want and I really liked the chassis/shock colours of the Bullhead. 

Just bought a Traxxas Summit instead. Will just have to cross my fingers the the Bullhead makes a reappearance at some point. 

4 hours ago, Aerobert said:

Just found this one. It's located in Germany. Not sure if they really have it, but website says so. Maybe you could ask. Shipping could be enormous.

https://www.modellbau-ostheimer.de/rc-modellbau/ferngesteuerte-autos-lkw-sonderfahrzeuge/autos-elektro/7237/tamiya-1-10-4wd-bullhead-4x4x4-customized-monstertruck-58535?c=45

Had to check it out, £25.20 to the UK according to their site. Then duty plus RM handling fee this end, could add another £60 approx.

12 hours ago, J@mes said:

Had to check it out, £25.20 to the UK according to their site. Then duty plus RM handling fee this end, could add another £60 approx.

Says out of stock on the main page, or at least it does now.