GermanTA03Guy

TA03 Madness continues - PORSCHE Edition

On 11/23/2021 at 5:29 PM, GermanTA03Guy said:

Anyone know the difference in caster angle? It seems to me the alu parts are at a steeper angle. That would mean more direct steering /turn in, more aggressive and nervous. But it's hard to see by eye judgement. From. Literature I know that the cross Alu c hubs had different caster, and David Jun used those. But I don't know the angles on the Tamiya parts. Anyone know this? 

IMG_20211121_143719.jpg

Weren't the aluminium hubs 5° ? The front arms already had a 3° in them giving 8°

• Like 1

17 hours ago, svenb said:

Weren't the aluminium hubs 5° ? The front arms already had a 3° in them giving 8°

Sounds plausible. But The big question is how does this angle differ from stock? 

6 hours ago, GermanTA03Guy said:

Y'all know this color... 

IMG_20211109_214148.jpg

Hulk green!

Hi, no I'm using Tamiya 911 gt3 light buckets in the front and just stickers in the back. We will see how translucent that turns out. I'm not going to install working lights, but I prefer the look with buckets to stickers, most importantly in the front. 

1 hour ago, TurboRSR said:

How did you do the window masking? Made your own or used masking tape?

Hi, I made the vector drawing in illustrator and had them cut from vinyl professionally after my data.. I needed the window trims anyway so it was kind of a byproduct. I wouldn't really do it manually, although a window trim covers a lot of imperfections... 

... You always learn though and what I found out is that original Tamiya window masks are a lot easier to put on, because they don't stick so extreme and then you can reposition them. These vinyl stickers stick so much, it's really difficult and more of a one chance thing... Now I understand why Tamiya uses this strange yellow stuff... IMG_20211127_195939.jpg

• Like 3

Such a beautiful shell, I've got one rough cut sitting on a TA02SW. Desperate to finish trimming it and paint it but it's going to have to wait until Spring

spacer.png

I'm going Jagermeister on mine, using stickers and masks from MCI. 

Yours looks well in 'that' green though 👏

• Like 3

On 11/28/2021 at 4:22 AM, GermanTA03Guy said:

Now I understand why Tamiya uses this strange yellow stuff... 

Yeah, it's basically masking tape in sheet form. I believe you can buy it (I have some laying around somewhere) but you'd obviously still need a pattern from somewhere.

BTW, I'm nearing completion. In the next days I'll post final pics. Atm I'm doing a lot of final touches. I'm really excited to show the finished thing... It'll be awesome :D :D

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, GermanTA03Guy said:

BTW, I'm nearing completion. In the next days I'll post final pics. Atm I'm doing a lot of final touches. I'm really excited to show the finished thing... It'll be awesome :D :D

BTW WE'LL decide if that thing is awesome or not ;)  (jk)

• Haha 1