GermanTA03Guy

TA03 Madness continues - PORSCHE Edition

...so - first part of this build is finished. I´m really happy with how it turned out, although there were great difficulties along the way that i didnt even show (my upload contingent seems to be full anyway, i do not yet understand how THAT part of the forum really works...happy to hear an explanation). I´m also very happy with the choice of color, I was in doubt at some point.
Gosh happy color... sounds like Bob Ross... :D
And finally I also want to say thank you to wtcc5 (you know for what ;-) and to Truck Norris / Kuhfarben for the great inspiration ! And to Tamiya for this awesome stuff and clearing my bank account ;-) and thanks for the nice comments and likes so far.

cheers

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@GermanTA03Guy it looks beautiful. I never really took to that original Vaillant livery and thought it was the green, but now I realise it was a combination of the green and the colourful stickers; the green on its own with a simpler set of stickers looks amazing!

Did you just paint with PS-54, or did you back it too? And do you put an outer clear coat on too?

Great job!

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much! I fell in love with the simple livery on kuhfarben's 911 senna build with the British racing green, but didn't want to do exactly the same... I also considered urman blue by another manufacturer, my goal would have been a leyton house March color style.. Maybe even with that sponsor.. But I wanted to stick to Tamiya colors. I did back it with silver ps16 I think, because that is the most opaque color due to the metal flakes. And I hate light shining through the lexan :D after the silver, I did another layer of ps54 (all still one can for the body w/o cockpit and wing) because I wanted to have the style of a interior with exposed metal in body color. The black lips on the sides and front were painted in ps5 black, but then too shiny, so only they received a coat of semi gloss ps55 or what from the outside. The wing is ts102, I also have another wing where I used ps54 and glossy clear coat from another manufacturer. Will continue on that when it's warm outside, I'll try out if I like a body color wing plate better or maybe the tops of the side parts also in black... Huge troubles I had when I wanted to paint ps5 matte black over the clear coated wing (for the grille) and also in the cockpit, because that caused terrible effects, so I had to get out the body cleaner... I thought it was because of other manufacturers' color, but then it happened again when I tried to paint ps5 on top of ts102.. Not recommended.... That was trouble too, surprisingly.. So twice I had sh.. Happening... But in the end all was well... Thanks again. 

IMG_20211204_161909.jpg

IMG_20211112_202419.jpg

• Like 3

On 11/27/2021 at 7:22 PM, GermanTA03Guy said:

Hi, I made the vector drawing in illustrator and had them cut from vinyl professionally after my data.. I needed the window trims anyway so it was kind of a byproduct. I wouldn't really do it manually, although a window trim covers a lot of imperfections... 

... You always learn though and what I found out is that original Tamiya window masks are a lot easier to put on, because they don't stick so extreme and then you can reposition them. These vinyl stickers stick so much, it's really difficult and more of a one chance thing... Now I understand why Tamiya uses this strange yellow stuff... IMG_20211127_195939.jpg

I actually found out that the window masks and decals for the 934 Turbo RSR is identical to the GT2, so I bought a few extra of those decal sets. And the light bucket kit I bought from Tamico includes masks for the lights, so then I'm good!

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 1:58 PM, GermanTA03Guy said:

And finally I also want to say thank you to wtcc5 (you know for what ;-) and to Truck Norris / Kuhfarben for the great inspiration !

The car looks great! Thank you so much for acknowledging the inspiration. A lot of people just copy my techniques without even a casual mention. I've seen cars which are almost carbon copies of ones I've built, using all the same parts and tricks. I've always namechecked the pioneers of what I do -  Victorious Secret and DeeMiller being the main two :)

On 12/4/2021 at 3:12 PM, GermanTA03Guy said:

The black lips on the sides and front were painted in ps5 black, but then too shiny, so only they received a coat of semi gloss ps55 or what from the outside.

Huge troubles I had when I wanted to paint ps5 matte black over the clear coated wing (for the grille) and also in the cockpit, because that caused terrible effects, so I had to get out the body cleaner... I thought it was because of other manufacturers' color, but then it happened again when I tried to paint ps5 on top of ts102..

Yeah, don't use PS over TS. PS is designed to "bite" into the polycarbonate. TS-29 is what you need. I use this on the outside of bodies too, with PS-55 flat clear as a primer.

• Thanks 1

On 11/23/2021 at 6:26 PM, GermanTA03Guy said:

Tamiya c hubs 49096 (limited edition blue was easier to get than the 53316 silver one.) and cc02 cvds. I have the ta03 universals too, but I actually like the cc02 parts better. Theyre not universals but cvds and also have more thread if you need to widen the track... 

IMG_20211121_142640.jpg

I was looking for the ta03 universals (53310) but these are out of stock everywhere.  Are the cc02 cvd's a direct fit? And do you perhaps have a part number for those?

• Like 1

This is looking stunning in the Vaillant green without the actual Vaillant livery btw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tamiyastef said:

I was looking for the ta03 universals (53310) but these are out of stock everywhere.  Are the cc02 cvd's a direct fit? And do you perhaps have a part number for those?

Yes, they’re a direct fit….54608 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1