Pintopower

Shodog - A Legend

Hey everyone, I know I don't come on here much anymore but I found out this evening by @WESTY that my friend Jim Peacock, AKA Shodog, is gone. He was involved in a motorcycle accident on the 3rd of November. If you did not know him, I am sorry for your loss. He was a maniac in the RC world with a collection that made mine look like the scrap you find in the gutter of a steel recycling yard. He was a meticulous craftsman, a skilled painter, and a great friend. All he ever talked about was his family, his plans and always posted very happy selfies on IG, showing us all how he liked to enjoy his life. 

I honestly cant keep typing right now. I am just blindsided by this as I have been texting him like an idiot for a while with no reply...thinking he was busy. 

Jim, i'm gonna miss you. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 11.06.39 PM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 58

Oh no, I'm really sad to read this and so sorry for your loss.  I didn't know Shodog personally but he was one of the main posters here back when I first joined the forum a decade and a half ago, I remember his impressive collection even way back then, pretty sure I can even remember some specific cars, and I'm sure his helpful tips on painting gave me the confidence to start doing hard bodies.  I think we might have messaged each other a few times back then, but I'm can't be 100% sure.  I know he disappeared from the scene for a while and was good to have him back with us recently, so sad he won't be joining us any more.

I'm a motorcyclist too, and with a young family, I think about the risks every time I throw a leg over the bike.  It's so sobering when it happens to someone in your circle, even if you didn't know them personally.

Rest easy Shodog, you'll not be forgotten here 

This is sad news. Shodog was a literal rc encyclopedia. He is a legend at rc10talk too. RIP, my friend. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Wow , that’s a massive loss, I didn’t know the man personally only via TC but he was a utter gent and a valued member and contributer. 

Best wishes to his family and peacefulness for Jim. 

Very sad news. RIP Jim. Condolences to his family and friends. A stalwart on this site for many many years and a huge loss to the RC community.

That is tragic news. A really great guy gone far to early. He gave me some good advice on SRB’s of which he had a lot of experience. It’s the image of his Rothmans Rough Rider ripping up the beach that I remember most. I also believe (before my joining here) he donated parts towards the Sand Scorcher build with cut away sections in the body that was presented to Tamiya themselves, so it’s good to know at least a part of his legacy will be preserved for future generations to come.

RIP, fellow Biker & RC guru. 

• Like 2

Thats is truly tragic news. Shodog had been around the club since literally month one, nearly 20 years ago. Undeniably passionate about his collection and had a real eye for quality. He will be missed for sure.

He'd just started rebuilding his TC show room

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=34

but sadly had only started to scratch the surface.

• Like 3

Truly sad news @Pintopower, my thoughts go out to his family and his friends, like your good self 

He was always generous with comments and responses to questions, and his deep red 934 RSR is the stuff of legend in my eyes.

RIP Shodog :(

Terrible and shocking news and an incredible loss. My condolences to his family and friends. We've lost a true craftsman in the RC world.

RIP Shodog

Oh no, this is tragic news. The RC community is connected despite so many of us never actually meeting. Jim’s cars are some of the best presented you will ever find.

i know from his posting that he lived his life to the fullest, condolences to his family and close friends, and a great loss to us all.

so saddened by this news

Sad news.

What I take from this is, don't take a single moment for granted. If there's someone you haven't spoken to in a while, reach out. If there's something needs doing, do it. Don't wait.

Tomorrow is not guaranteed. Make the most of now.

Best wishes to you all.

• Like 4

Utterly tragic. Much much more than a collector, Shodog’s custom work has inspired a ton of modellers worldwide & will continue to do so. Deepest sympathy to his family.

RIP Jim. 

He was a great person, member, and inspiration. I always remembered he had a friendliness about him that made his formidable stature in the TamiyaClub community a bit less intimidating to relative rookies like me. His approachability, on top of his spectacular skills and projects, really made and characterized this forum into the wonderful community it has become.

Always missed, never forgotten. Rest well, Shodog...

Shodog's videos and postings on here helped me learn about and enjoy this new (to me) hobby when I joined.

One of my favourites of his is his 934 -  Shodog's Burgundy 934

Condolences to his family and friends.

Very sad news, thoughts are with the family.

I wonder if we might be able to update the showroom for posterity? Or make a tribute showroom that can be achieved. 

• Like 3

RIP Shodog, didn't know you personally, but I'm sure along the way you have helped me out with a post or two on here sometime. My condolences to his family and friends

Absolutely awful news.  For years I have admired his work and his excellent collection of cars.  A huge loss to the RC community.  RIP.

That is sad, horrible news. My condolences to his family and friends, and thank you @Pintopower for taking the time to let the TC community know about this.

Like many others here, I didn't know Shodog in person, but I certainly wasn't stranger to his skills and amazing achievements in the RC world, as they can be seen all over Tamiya Club and the internet.

I remember his beautiful blue and white Hornet, and how it inspired me to come up with my own custom colour for that buggy.

I would like to post it here.

img34_30012003170326_1.jpg

RIP Shodog. It's clear that you won't be forgotten around here.

• Like 1

I'm too new of a member here to know Shodog, but my condolences to everyone here who knew him.   

Rest in peace, @Shodog, your builds were a pleasure to watch unfold, your eye for details was appreciated, and your passion was clearly on display for all of us to see.

This is very sad news. I'd always hoped to one day meet up with @Shodog and drive some trails and chew the fat... his work was always inspirational.

Jenny x

• Like 1

Such a tremendous loss for the RC online community as well as his family and close friends. I've communicated via email and mostly TC messages over the last decade with Jim. I did not know him personally but he was always great to chat with online.. We will all miss you Shodog.

• Like 1

Very sad news indeed. I was only familiar with the man via TC as @Shodog where all the RC stuff I’ve seen has been 1st rate to say the least. Hard to believe he’s gone.