Pintopower

Shodog - A Legend

Oh my gosh no!!!! :(:( Oh Jim...

My heart aches, this is an absolute shock.

Rest in Peace my friend.

Wow, condolences to his family and anyone here that knew him.  I just commented on the Axial SCX6 he posted in his Showroom a few weeks back, so sorry to hear this news.

☹️ Jesus that's terrible news. Remember back when I joined many years ago, he was a very active member and full of so much useful and helpful information. A true gent of the hobby that will be sadly missed by all. 

James.

Read the first post and was just stunned.  My deepest condolences to his family and to everyone else who was able to know such a great person.

Prayers to Shodog and his family. 

I always looked forward to his posts. Great guy, talented, and someone who really enjoyed the hobby. I have his paint guide that is extremely helpful that I downloaded a couple years ago.  
Good to have some of Shodog’s guidance available whenever I paint a body.

20 minutes ago, mtbkym01 said:

Hope this is ok, here is Shodog’s gallery from RC10Talk. The quality of Jim’s work speaks for itself, and his willingness to assist other enthusiasts achieve similar results is a testament to the type of Gentleman he was.....

https://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16043

I think that’s a fitting way to remember Shodog by. Peace and love to him and his family.

• Thanks 1

It was Shodog's bright green pumpkin that dragged me back to Tamiya, because of him I bought a metallic special pumpkin and that brought me back to RC and Tamiya. (Probably around 15 years ago,). I was glad when I found he was still active on the forums, after staring at his pumpkin for hours on the main Tamiya site. Total dedication to Tamiya and TamiyaClub.

Thank you Shodog, for the work you've done.

You taught me, that playing with models is still fun

Whether you're 9 or 10 or 51, if I ever finish a model to your standards, I've won!!.

It was your pumpkin, that I drooled over for time.

To run it or scratch it, would be a terrible crime.

But, because of you, I went and bought mine. 

So, although you're gone, your legends will shine.

I'm so sorry you've left before it was your time. 

You were an inspiration for many people, and families and mine. 

Your models were art, and your standards were high.

Standards I'll never reach, but you've helped me try

Shodog was a legend, with a really good eye.

I've never met him but I'm really sorry to hear, he did die.

I think I'll run the clodbuster today with flags at half mast.

I feel I should do something to mark, "Shodog the legend"  it's too soon that you've passed.

It is much regret that I have to say,

Tamiya has lost a legend today...

I hope this is okay? I know I'm rubbish at rhymes but I had to say something, Shodog really was one of the guys who brought me here 

• Like 9

I didn't know the man personally but I have see a lot of his beautiful creations the Toyota hilux in a garage is the one that sticks in my mind simply because it was so stunning😘. oh that's so sad and devastating for his family and a massive loss to the rc community! My absolute condolences for his family and loss of what is a talented man😔 it certainly makes you think what is important in life and how quickly it can be taken away!

Condolences to his family. The title is good, he was an RC legend. Rest in peace.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

It was Shodog's bright green pumpkin that dragged me back to Tamiya

It's the lime green pumpkin that immediately comes to mind when I think of Shodog.  I remember seeing pics back when I was new to painting hard bodies, for a long time I had the list of paints he used written down somewhere so I could try to achieve the same finish on one of my projects.  Strange when it's one particular vehicle that sticks in the mind or pulls at a certain desire; maybe less strange when the quality is as good as Shodog's.

Can't speak for everybody but I love the rhyme and think it's very fitting.

• Like 1

Rest in piece Shodog. I'm fairly new to this site, and so I didn't know him, but his collection and modelling skills blew me away. His Shodog livery really stood out to me.

My deepest condolences to his family and friends. It's clear how much he will be missed by all of you that knew him in the RC community.

So so sad.

@mtbkym01  Man that post nailed it. That shows you his madness. I cant believe I was one of the lucky ones that got to hang out at his place on a lawn chair as he showed me all these cars. He always told me to come by and grab any if I wanted to review them but I could never muster up the courage to borrow one. I mean that would be like borrowing the Mona Lisa for a weekend! Never could have done it. He did come by my house a lot in his immaculate Infinity and was just so much fun to talk to. I remember showing him these random parts to see if he knew where they were from and he was like an encyclopedia, nothing stumped him. He was so nonchalant about it too, like it was just something anyone would know. I actually did do a video with him on his Hilux and he just staggered me on his knowledge. He would have totally dismissed everything i'm saying, haha! 

I'm so sorry none of you got to meet him in person, it really isn't fair. So much isn't fair right now.

Be safe everyone and call the person you have been meaning to for the last few months.

• Like 17

My condolences to his loved ones and anyone who knew personally on here outside the forum.

I always admired his posts and handiwork on this forum. He was wealth of knowledge and always made people feel like friends and welcome with questions about our silly toy cars. 

Rest in peace fellow RC colleague. 

I owe my Bordeaux Egress body to your painting tips.

As deeply saddened as I was to read about Jim’s passing,  I also wanted to say thanks for sharing some of your stories here. 
  I talked to Jim pretty regularly over 20 or more years now. Through some difficult times, and some great ones. 
 He always talked about how proud he was of his son, how happy he was to find a new love of his life, and how RC cars was always just something he liked to mess with when time allowed. 
 And man was he good at messing around with RC cars. 
 I had tried a couple of times to meet up on my travels, never quite worked out. 
 But his last message is one I’ll treasure,  even though it was for a little thing, “thanks for your help Stu”

Thanks for all the chats and inspiration Jim.  I’ll miss you. 
 As will many more. 
 RIP SHODOG. 

• Like 2

Incredibly sad news. The thread title is very appropriate as he was one of THE most prominent posters here on TC and RC10talk over the years. His unique builds and paint schemes made him an absolute authority on all things RC. On the very first thread I created when I joined this place in 2004 he was the 3rd person to comment in it, and his name just stuck with me ever since. I echo the comment earlier in this thread....never take life, or the people you love for granted, as you simply do not know what is around the corner.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 7:51 AM, DeadMeat666 said:

May his soul rest in peace.

Very sad and disturbing news indeed. We all take it for granted really but things like this bring our mortality really into question! Enjoy life the best you can its precious and that's what l try to do even in the tough times because you just don't know when your time's up!

• Like 1

So sad to hear this about a truly inspirational guy. His work was the stuff of legends.

RIP

My condolences to his family and friends