Pintopower

Shodog - A Legend

Wanted to keep this near the top for a while so members could comment.

• Like 3

Good idea. I wonder if a moderator would be able to pin this thread, even temporarily?

Edit: thank you, moderators!

I never had any dealings with Shodog directly, but ever since I joined TC his work has been inspiring. 
His username was the type you would always remember for great work, and it always appeared like he played a big part on TC and in the hobby.

A very sad loss :( 

Did not have the honor to chat with shodog but it stils makes me sad looking at his showroom and exelent work now, seems like a big loss to TC community.

R.I.P:(

Just seen this, oh my.. So shocked, had many a comment chat with him especially in the tamiya101 hey days. Very sad loss.. RIP 

Oh that’s so sad. His racing / Porsche etc paint jobs were always outstanding and we were always so thrilled to see a new one. He always seemed to have amazing wheels too!

If you are able please pass on our condolences 

Gutted.  So much respect for his ability and willingness to take the time to give advice and help others.  We lost a great one.  RIP Shodog.

He was a great asset to the R/C community. I always enjoyed looking at all the eye candy he posted and always felt his collection was in excellent hands.

Oh no. I can't believe this! Sad sad news. :(

Shodog had a vast of RC knowledge. I've always learned something from his posts. He will be missed!

This is very sad news, gone but never forgotten @Shodog, may you rest in peace and may your loved ones quickly find peace.

Whilst this is a terrible loss I'm so glad I didn't read it was Covid, rather it sounds as if he was doing something he loved.

🙏

Wow! I just saw this. I always loved seeing his post of pictures and if I remember I talked to him on the phone years ago. Very sad. Prayers for the family.

Cory

Thanks for pinning this - I'd missed it. What sad news. I didn't know him personally but interacted with him on here a few times. Nice guy.

Sad news. A big player in this community, and a bigger loss. Condolences to his family and friends. 

I'm just seeing this and I'm shocked :(

He was a great TCer, always willing to help with ideas and tips, and he even had a unique sense of humor.

Rest In Peace Jim. And a big thank you wherever you're now.

• Sad 1

Oh man. Haven't visited here in a while and so sad to here of this. @Shodog, RIP. My condolences to his friends and family.

What?!!! This is truly sad news. My deepest thoughts go out to his family :(. Jim is one of the OGs here on TC, and for more than 20 years an inspiration to me, and many others. RIP my friend, you will be greatly missed!

I thought about his passing for few weeks now...

It is shocking and got me sad.  But just today, I thought, 'what if I was the one who died?'  My life depressing other people would be the last thing I'd want.  I'd want you to live more vibrant and more fulfilling lives.  Wouldn't Shodog say, "RC on!?"  That's his legacy to the world. 

So next time when you are drinking, raise a glass for Shodog. We'll RC on, we'll miss you!  

wD9IGwO.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Only just noticed this. Sorry to hear this, shocked and sad news. Nice to bump the thread up to those of you who did. R.I.P Jim. 

Very very sad……life simply isn’t fair at times. Will miss reading his insightful comments and model updates that he did in the past. 

Didn't really know him personally but a big fan of his work and wisdom. Terribly sad :(

RIP

I have been off TC for a long time but re-engaging with the hobby and have just seen this. 

So sad.

I never met Jim, but was, like many, completely inspired by his work and benefitted from his knowledge on many occasions. A true gent.

I just had a look through my first ever posts on TC, back in 2002, and low and behold, Shodog commented on all of them and helped me learn so much.

RIP

• Like 1

I've also been away from this forum for a long time, and came along only on rare occasions in the recent past. So I learned about Jim's fate only by chance via YouTube. Beeing a motocyclist myself I find it very sad when I read about other bikers having accidents. Here in our "neighbourhood" it is not uncommon, and always tragic. And with Jim it's twice the pain. Losing an able modeler and someone who even shared the experience on motorcycles. I did not know him personally, since I live on the other side of the Atlantic, but I often read through his threads and it was always fun to see his builds. Now a legend has gone.

RIP