simalarion

Howto glue on JC Firestorm Tyre(s)

I have these rings (and Tyre glue that seems to be superglue but do not dry quite so fast). So do i still need do glue on Tyres or is it enough to Glue on these rings then Tyre will get stuck to?.spacer.png

Fake beadlocks for decoration only.

I think you will get the best results by gluing the tyres to the wheels and then gluing the beadlock decoration on afterwards. Otherwise you may not get good access to the tyre bead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Exactly as @sosidge said, glue tires to rims then the beadlocks to the rims.  Unless you're running crazy power no need to use super glue on Clod wheel/tires.  I use E6000 on all of my monster truck tires and I love it.  Doesn't come off when in use, but when you want to remove the tire it will peel right off and you can do it all over again.  I usually dismount my tires/wheels once a season from my race trucks for a repaint and clean.  I also like to experiment with foams a lot so super gluing a $130+ set of tires and wheels together is not ideal for me.

For the beadlock rings, I use them on a few trucks and use 3-4 small dots of E6000 on them as well so I can remove when necessary without damaging anything.  They are nearly a press fit so just 3-4 very thin spots of adhesive will work perfectly.  Too much adhesive and it will come out onto the tire, don't need much at all.  Have had a set on my Digger 20 race truck all season and none have come off.

1.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, i was always wondering about why all those Tire glues had to be close to what we in Norway call super glue, it dry very fast and for that reason often makes it messy and easy to make mistakes & as you write you will not able to remove them again without cutting them out, so i was actually also asking earlier for alternatives (in a older post)

Does it dry out like super glue? (With cap on ofc)

I think i will try to get a hold off a tube

The E6000 stays workable for a while, does not dry right away like super glue.  Plenty of time to adjust before it cures.  I usually let it sit for 24 hours before using then it's good to go.  Shoo Goo is a similar adhesvie that can be removed, but I've been using the E6000 for years now and really like it.  

• Thanks 1

spacer.png

I will wait for final stuff i need to make Tribute Wheel fit Agrios, then i will test this glue that arrived very fast from UK.

• Like 2