simalarion

Attach JConsept Tribute Wheel to TXT-2

Hex and all is a direct fit, i think i have the correct part on now(?), there a 3 size options and my problem is i can not tighten it because there are not enough threads for Lock nut, either i need a bunch of washers or i am doing it wrong, so which is it?:spacer.png

@Robert5000 - From a post it seems you did strugle with the same even if this Tribute is supose to be for TXT-1& 2 it is not a direct fit. Not sure if filling it up with washers/ballbearings is such s good idea?. Sight, had a feeling it would not be a direct fit, but it was close

The Force is strong with me when i now feel this is not a TXT tribute but rather made for Clod and simillar kits, so my Force is telling me i need:spacer.png

i will check this closer later

Edit: by the look they are identical, i need to look for measurments

Tony @Ebay helped with measuring Clod wheel Axel:

Total length is 53mm

Thread Length is 8mm.
I hope this helps.

TXX-2(using Manual)

Lenght: 57 mm

Thread: 7mm

2 x 1150 Ballbearings 4mm wide make a perfect fit, thats 8mm. Seems like Clod Axel does not fith either, are they made for TXT-1(?).

Does not feel right but il just order more 1150 ballbearings and just fill up those tribute wheel :blink:

The Clod outer axle will fit as they are the same knuckles on Clod, Jugg and both TXT. I have clod outdrives on a Jugg axle as they are virtually the same. They will fit, I’m certain and if I’m wrong someone will point it out. 

I’ll try to remember to pull a clod apart and compare as I have both sets. 

• Thanks 1

@ad456 - Yes, there is the extra 8mm, thank you very much.

So Tribute JConcept is not a fit for TXT-2, you need Clod Wheel Axel or eight 1150 BallBearings  (perfect fit and 8mm).

I believe the best would be Clod Axel, but the again is it stil a fit on TXT-2 stock wheel base ad you see on picture.

TXT-2 is truly a Amazing kit when it comes to looking as Monster Truck and decent performance. But i see now clearly the huge flaws, it lack proper Monster Truck wheels and Tamiya do not even have a Hop-up option for it. The stock propeller joints are not a perfect fit and seems to just wear off as Thread lock is not enough to make them stay on.

@simalarion Yup, Clod axles or spacers is about the height of it. JConcepts would’ve made them to fit the Clod as it was the gold standard for racing monster at the time they made those wheels.  

Yeah, it’s definitely an imperfect model. I think it was to be based on a Bigfoot(18?) but something happened between Tamiya and Ford or something and it never came to pass.
I would like one but at 16 models and 4/5 are monsters I’m at full capacity.
I think with the mods you have done it should be reliable now. 

• Thanks 1

Yea, as others have said you need Clod axles shafts for a direct fit.  I swap all of my TXTs to Clod shafts right away and usually forget that I even did it.  Sorry if it was me who told you they were a direct fit...

My dad runs Tributes on his stock TXT-2 and just used spacers to take up the gap, has been running hard like that for a couple years now.  Just use M4 aluminum spacers if you dont want to replace the axles, should work just fine.  

I found those Clod Axel for an Ok price, anyone know if its a direct fit as wheel Axel on TXT-2 ?.

Or do you think this Tribute mod with two 1150 bearings is just as good?. It is a perfect fit and i can screw it tight but i would like your Opinion please?:spacer.png

Also got these Knuckles i might test when i know how to make Tribute fit the Axels

@Badcrumble - Yawstring explain the exact problem here where he writes you need spacers, actually i believe 1150 is better solution than spacers since they fit so perfect. And as i do not know if clod Wheel Axel wil fit perfect on TXT-2 chassis i think i will go for 1150 as spacers:

@Yawstring - reply this:

«Yes. The wheels come with 3 different adaptor options so you can adjust the offset as needed. The adaptors fit directly over the stock hex, but If you use the narrow offset adaptors you will have to make a spacer and place it between the nut and wheel because the narrow adaptor allows more of the shaft to protrude and you will simply run out of threads before the nut can be fully tightened against the wheel. Let me know if that makes sense or not. «

Later he writes he will return with pictures, but sadly i do not think he got so far

2 hours ago, simalarion said:

@ad456 - Yes, there is the extra 8mm, thank you very much.

So Tribute JConcept is not a fit for TXT-2, you need Clod Wheel Axel or eight 1150 BallBearings  (perfect fit and 8mm).

I believe the best would be Clod Axel, but the again is it stil a fit on TXT-2 stock wheel base ad you see on picture.

TXT-2 is truly a Amazing kit when it comes to looking as Monster Truck and decent performance. But i see now clearly the huge flaws, it lack proper Monster Truck wheels and Tamiya do not even have a Hop-up option for it. The stock propeller joints are not a perfect fit and seems to just wear off as Thread lock is not enough to make them stay on.

I have jconcepts renegades and txt rims on my txt 2 and never changed my axles. So i dont understand the issue of not fitting.  Threadlock does hold the  stock shafts in but you have to use more then a dot of threadlock. I learned from experience. I recently found the shafts on past ebay purchases i have on my txt 2 for the past 2 years with no issues. They were from gds racing and had to be machined out to 6mm. I also had to use traxxas 5189 pin screws to set and file down the excess screw. 

1 hour ago, simalarion said:

I found those Clod Axel for an Ok price, anyone know if its a direct fit as wheel Axel on TXT-2 ?.

Or do you think this Tribute mod with two 1150 bearings is just as good?. It is a perfect fit and i can screw it tight but i would like your Opinion please?:spacer.png

Also got these Knuckles i might test when i know how to make Tribute fit the Axels

They fit with no issues but i have the hot racing ones on mine which some people complain about not being the best quality. Only issue with the hot racing ones i noticed is you have to keep an eye out of the screws no loosening and losing the white spacers. 

• Thanks 1

@Rb4276 First off all thanks for sharing your experience. I have another post where i also changed Shaft & joints but i to the Traxxas ones, had to use my new Dremel a lot but i think the result is good now.

but back to this post. The issue is the space you get from axel and up to where threads starts at the end off the Axel, on the largest adapter there is a 8mm gap wich threadlock wil do no good (believe that would only prevent nut to go off). This space as you see in picture i filled up with 2 bearings 1150 size (or you could use a very fat washer). If you did not have a issue wirh this there must be 2 versions off TXT-2 out there i think.

Medium adapter works with 1 BallBearing 1150, so its almoast like this is how its meant to work on txt-2. But with medium adapter i must remove the original knuckle i believe, wil test another day

edit: oh you did not buy Tribute Wheel from JConcept, there is the difference.

Seems like Txt- Rims would be better solution then(?)

32 minutes ago, simalarion said:

@Rb4276 First off all thanks for sharing your experience. I have another post where i also changed Shaft & joints but i to the Traxxas ones, had to use my new Dremel a lot but i think the result is good now.

but back to this post. The issue is the space you get from axel and up to where threads starts at the end off the Axel, on the largest adapter there is a 8mm gap wich threadlock wil do no good (believe that would only prevent nut to go off). This space as you see in picture i filled up with 2 bearings 1150 size (or you could use a very fat washer). If you did not have a issue wirh this there must be 2 versions off TXT-2 out there i think.

Medium adapter works with 1 BallBearing 1150, so its almoast like this is how its meant to work on txt-2. But with medium adapter i must remove the original knuckle i believe, wil test another day

edit: oh you did not buy Tribute Wheel from JConcept, there is the difference.

Seems like Txt- Rims would be better solution then(?)

Exactly txt rims but i dont think they been in stock for a very long time. I have looked periodically over the last year cause i only have one spare set and one of the rimS i use has a chip along the wall. 

• Like 1

Clod stub axles are a direct replacement for TXT stub axles, TXT are longer.  Or just use the bearings, as long as the wheel nut threads all the way down you'll be fine.  

Rb4276's TXT rims work because they are like the TXT-2 rims and fit the longer TXT stub axles.  Tributes are made to fit the shorter Clod stub axles.

• Like 1

Finaly som luck in fitting custom parts, knuckles went right on and not only that they as planed solved issue with old knuckels that would a become a big dirt/snow collector in a place you dont want that if you can imagine out of the picture. So ordered 2 more from jazzhobby as they where s bit expensive:spacer.png

As you can see a much better fit with tribute. That would be it for today as i feel i need much more rest after operation yesterday :), but a very plessnt suprise this, even if i start to get used to modding with this kit.

edit: I see now that Dady Pigg is following my work sceptically

• Like 1

On 11/25/2021 at 2:22 PM, simalarion said:

@Robert5000 - From a post it seems you did strugle with the same even if this Tribute is supose to be for TXT-1& 2 it is not a direct fit. Not sure if filling it up with washers/ballbearings is such s good idea?. Sight, had a feeling it would not be a direct fit, but it was close

That's right. I solved this by using an 1150 (?) bearing in each rim. Have had tons of fun with it since then without a single problem, so for me this worked wonders. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you for confirming, can hardly wait to get the Firestorm Tyres on now but ofc i just had 3 1150 bearings left since i used many off them on a recent C.Avante build.

And Bad timing for ordering online now if you want it fast(right after Black Week hysteria) so i ordrered 1150 bearings from 3 places and all are stuck :). I should have just taken the trip to the Local store in Norway, oh well.

@Robert5000 - are you using the medium adapter then?. Strangly enough the medium adaptor is a perfect fit with 1 bearing and largest adaptor 2 bearings.