Sign in to follow this  
CKU87

GF-01 - A few questions

1 minute ago, Nikko85 said:

Thanks.

Close, it's a Pumpkin Quick Drive body, which were 1/14 (ish) scale versions of the Pumpkin for the QD range of Monster Trucks. The QD range bodies had a wheelbase of 175 mm, which fits the GF01 perfectly. That being said, I am in the process of flipping the rear arms to allow a longer wheelbase which will just help the proportions a little more, as most monster trucks tend to be stretched out a little.

Nice build. I like those heavy dump tires too 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Exit13 said:

Nice build. I like those heavy dump tires too 

Yes! Interestingly these tires were first released as....a hop up option for the QD monster trucks! 

Last week I finally got the Jimny shell mounted on my first GF-01 chassis. I still have other GF01 chassis to build, one will have the LandCruiser back on it and one I am going to try something else with.

Jimny 0

Jimny

• Like 2

On 1/14/2022 at 11:48 PM, Bezko said:

Based in Sydney.

Still waiting for delivery of the part, sooo long!! 😭

Did you ever get your replacement parts?   Hope your car is back in action!

Definitely worth the effort.

Is your shell a Tamiya QD? I ask as I've just purchased two Radio Shack beach combers cheap. Both in excellent condition from what I can make out. I seem to remember you (maybe someone else) saying the Tamiya QD body was used by other companies too?

9 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Definitely worth the effort.

Is your shell a Tamiya QD? I ask as I've just purchased two Radio Shack beach combers cheap. Both in excellent condition from what I can make out. I seem to remember you (maybe someone else) saying the Tamiya QD body was used by other companies too?

The green one is not, it is the RS street comber, but the RS and the Tamiya are almost identical, so you can swap around and they have the exact same mounting spacing. 

I use a RS body on my QD.

22 minutes ago, Nikko85 said:

The green one is not, it is the RS street comber, but the RS and the Tamiya are almost identical, so you can swap around and they have the exact same mounting spacing. 

I use a RS body on my QD.

Yes, sorry, I wrote beach comber but meant street comber. I’ve also got a Radio Shack surf shack Hilux coming. Not sure if that will fit what I have but will be fun trying!

On 2/13/2022 at 9:59 AM, GeeWings said:

Yes, sorry, I wrote beach comber but meant street comber. I’ve also got a Radio Shack surf shack Hilux coming. Not sure if that will fit what I have but will be fun trying!

ah, I read that as street comber anyhow. The Tandy Go Powerdrive are also the same. Radio Shack also released a few other ford F100s but with more bling like the Roughneck, Tormentor and Street Rage as well.

I've also found the classic Radio Shack Ford 4x4 trucks (blue and yellow) will also fit perfectly with the wheelbase, so there are lots of good hardbody options.