GTodd

What would be the, “OMG Tamiya brought back the….” Rere?

Great lists of cars! I can almost understand why no Jugg rere. It didn’t sell well and the TXT and Clod are still in production. But come on, bring back the OG Astute, use the original trans but with the rere egress Ball Differential. Same for the Kingcab, they have the parts! Just do it! Or for ultimate performance combine the rere super astute trans with the Egress Ball Differential!

• Like 3

Great topic :) 

My personal OMG would be the Madcap, but I'm guessing the Super Astute fills that 2WD re-re spot. I also dreamed of a Kingcab or a Clod Buster as a kid. Still no Kingcab in my "garage" yet but I did secure a Super Clod Buster and customised it with the Blockhead theme:wub:  

I'd love a Super Asutute/Dynastorm as they were the next level up from my beloved Madcap. However I can't bring myself to pull the trigger on the Super Astute right now. 

I guess I had a mini OMG moment when the Blockhead Motors Wild One was announced. But it was more about the Blockhead theme as I'm a bit of a groupie for the brand. I really didn't know much about the Wild One until I pre-ordered the BHM version .... which I am still waiting for .... :unsure: 

• Like 1

How could I forget this, an original Sand Rover, not the re-re. My first ever Tamiya. 

• Like 3

2022 will be 25 years since the David Jun ta03 was released.  that would be one to have.

• Like 2

I’d like to see the Bush Devil, Super Blackfoot & King Blackfoot rereleased

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, J@mes said:

I’d like to see the Bush Devil, Super Blackfoot & King Blackfoot rereleased

I’d go for the Super and the Extreme BF.

• Like 2

That lot would just leave the Lancia to complete the orv line up as rere’s, I think  

On 12/9/2021 at 10:45 PM, J@mes said:

That lot would just leave the Lancia to complete the orv line up as rere’s, I think  

Yeah that lancia rally on the orv chassis was just so odd but so good I'd definitely be up for that purely because of its wackiness and the fact it probably wasn't designed to be odd looking?

1 hour ago, tamiya_1971 said:

I always thought the Mammoth Dump Truck would be cool.

So basically a Juggernaut, I'll take it :)  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 87lc2 said:

So basically a Juggernaut, I'll take it :)  

I had no idea they were related!

1 hour ago, tamiya_1971 said:

I had no idea they were related!

Yup!  As far as I know only the wheel/tires and body are different.  Everything else is 100% the same.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 87lc2 said:

Yup!  As far as I know only the wheel/tires and body are different.  Everything else is 100% the same. 

Were they Jugg 1 or Jugg 2 based? My memory says Jugg 2 and I don't remember gearbox/axle gear shredding issues with the Mammoth like the Jugg 1. The Mammoth only used a single motor though and had a unique "mechatronic" speed controller that allowed control of the dump bed too.

1 hour ago, Saito2 said:

Were they Jugg 1 or Jugg 2 based? My memory says Jugg 2 and I don't remember gearbox/axle gear shredding issues with the Mammoth like the Jugg 1. The Mammoth only used a single motor though and had a unique "mechatronic" speed controller that allowed control of the dump bed too.

That's a great question that I dont know the answer to.  I guess looking at kit numbers would give a good idea?  I didn't know the Mammoth used a single motor, that's news to me.  What did they do with the other motor slot?  Is there a delete plate for the Jugg/TXT trans that I've never seen before?  

Just took a look and there is a special single motor plate for the Mammoth.  Pretty cool, have never seen that before.  Can imagine they're pretty rare as well.  

How about a honda city turbo. Totally missed that whole thing, would love to get one.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 8:57 PM, J@mes said:

Oh wait… there’s the Mud Blaster as well :D

Right? I'm surprised they haven't done a re-release of that one. All the components are there to do it!

I would be over the moon if Tamiya re-re'd the Ford Ranger XLT. My brother (RIP) built one in the 80s when they were new kits at the same time he built my Holiday Buggy for me. Fond memories. I have the rere HB and would love the Ranger.

• Like 2

I have got my OMG rerer with the Mid. For the moment Tamiya could only tempt me with a FAV rere, would love to see the shark mouth version available again.

Don't know how I could forget but I would really like, and I'm probably alone on this, for tamiya to rere the Vajra. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Tamiyastef said:

Don't know how I could forget but I would really like, and I'm probably alone on this, for tamiya to rere the Vajra. 

No I'm down for this. Can't be that hard for them, they have re-re'd the VQS, Avante (multiple versions) and Egress. 

• Like 1