GTodd

What would be the, “OMG Tamiya brought back the….” Rere?

Usual suspects: blazing blazer, original hilux, F150 and 959

Go big or go home

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This!  The Audi Quattro Rally 58036  I’d be a buyer  

Zo1TcJi.jpg

The things I remember lusting after in my childhood are things like that Audi Quattro Rally and the Brat, and the 4WD buggies of just after like Hotshot and Bigwig, but I don't think I'd buy them as re releases. Similar applied to the Wild One this year. I like that the WO came out but I'm not that interested in owning one. I would probably be unable to resist a 959 though. 

I'd think a B2B Sidecar re-release would be an "OMG!" moment (perhaps with a "Whats that all about then?!?" added to it).

• Haha 2

TG10 Mini Cooper. I had one in 2003 and wish I still had it. 

Also, it might not qualify as a rerelease, but I’d love to see Tamiya start making another m-chassis with the Rover Mini Cooper body. 

I'll put my vote in for The Falcon.  I know a lot of people hate on it, but for it's time it was a pretty darn good model.

Plus, I need some spare parts for mine as 35 year old ABS plastic gets mighty brittle...!

The blow molded 959 and the Celica Gr.B - true re-releases in the same 1/12th scale with Technigolds and blister packs....strengthen the F parts but no other changes.

Based on the results of the auction that happened this weekend, it seems to me the biggest demand would be for 959/celica, Honda city turbo/Pajero, and of course king cab/hi-lux.

I severely underestimated the demand for the wheeler/pajero.

Bush Devil/Super Blackfoot. 

Egress re-re-re

Original Clod

I'd love to see a rere of the Ford Ranger or the Countach.  I'd love to pick up a Fast Attack too but I know that was already rereleased in 2011.  But I missed that one. 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 4:55 AM, Superluminal said:

TA02W Toms Castrol Supra and the Nismo Clarion GTR LM

I have a NIB Clarion GTR TA02W for sale if you're interested :)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, redzone said:

I have a NIB Clarion GTR TA02W for sale if you're interested :)

Thanks for the offer, but strangely within four months of posting that and despite the several years of looking without luck i managed to get both body parts sets which I can now build onto chassis parts and wheels ive already got.

• Like 1

Yeah gotta be the 959 for me. The Falcon would be good too.

Porsche 959 and the Celica Gr.B would be the obvious OMG ones for me.  On a Bought it --> Sold it --> Regretted it --> Can't find one cheap now note, I keep hoping for a re-re-re of the Boomerang.  

Also desperately hoping for the Super Sabre and Hotshot II...

• Like 1

1/8 scale Grasshopper.  Same awesome plastic body (just larger), same chassis, use black plastic CVA shocks up front and in rear with DT-03 gearbox and plastic trailing arm suspension to make for independent suspension out back.  Stock silver can and modest final drive ratio combined with 1/8 scale 3-piece grasshopper type wheels should lend for good run times and a enough top end to be fun.  Should be capable of going just about anywhere and would make for a very fun bash racing league.

• Like 3

I’ve been thinking about this since I created this as not too much gets me excited anymore. Still want: OG Astute, King cab/Monster Racer, Juggernaut, and the blazing blazer. The Avante and the Bruiser had to cost a fortune to tool up and bring back. Kind of surprised Tamiya hasn’t done a Blazing Blazer yet. The success of the Bruiser and Mounty show that people will spend the coin.

Whats interesting about this thread is what people said at the start compared to now.

I had probably had a few wines and posted the Boomerang twice, fair play, it is the pinnacle of RC and I only have 1.

@ThunderDragonCy asked for the TA04 and has since bought one, done his thing on it (which is amazing, 3d printed parts etc) and now sold it (or rather given it away from what I can tell, its a shame shipping is so expensive) and I'm sure others have found their cars or had a change of heart.

I wonder what people would say now?

I never wanted the Thundershot series buggies, but have a FireDragon and StDragon ready for a rainy day.

I still want another Boomerang.  I'd also like a Dyna Storm, but do have a Super Astute with Dyna Storm shock tower and hi caps all round which sort of does it.  The DB01 has always been on my radar, I'd like one and another run would be great for parts as that would be a runner

I think I just want stuff that I don't already have!

• Like 2

@Jonathon Gillham I did like the TA04. Main reason I sold it was I wouldn't get to race it and that's why I bought it. Having rere plastics about would certainly have made the ownership experience less expensive and frustrating.

I know we are a little bubble here on TC but I still maintain that a rere of FF01 would hit a fairly rich seam of success if done with some of the in period bodies like the Primara and Mondeo. Expecially given that all they really have to do is the A parts tree and the suspension arms. All the rest of it is TA02. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I think I just want stuff that I don't already have!

I think that's a good point, one tends to want something new. And part of the fun lies in the chase. But still, there's some re releases that would be felt on a seismic, level, such as the 959/Celica, King Cab/Monster Racer and the Blazer. 

And I still think it's a question of when, not if, those are presented. 

• Like 1