Greenhorn

Hotshot 2 parts required.

Hi, 

I recently found my Hotshot 2 I had when I was a kid and decided to restore it. It's in generally good condition apart from some 30 year old dirt and a few missing or broken parts. I've managed to find everything I need apart from a driveshaft (SA1) and the metal cage that goes around the resistor. (BP2). 

I bought a few parts from Tony's Tamiya on eBay but he didn't have these two. He suggested I ask on here. I don't suppose anyone has the relevant spares and might be persuaded to part with them? 

Cheers in advance. 

Hi, the resistor cover is available from uk eBay seller victor101car. It’s the same part number as shown in the HS2 manual.

92C0F5E9-EE50-4702-97D7-BCF3BD40FF7B.jpeg

Is it important to keep the parts original?

It is pretty easy to upgrade to new outdrives, shafts and stub axles. Parts off the new re-re’s are all over. 

TBH I'm rebuilding it in order to sell on. I haven't really got the time to be getting into r/c cars and it would be good to give someone else the chance to enjoy a vintage car like this. 

So not vital to replace the missing shaft like for like, but it would be good to keep it "right". 

Hmmm… it looks like they are the same as the Boomerang and maybe more. I would keep an eye out on ebay… some will show up.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tamiya-Boomerang-Supershot-Hot-Shot-Aluminum-Drive-Shaft-Bones-ANSWER-Hop-Up-RC-/303820623999?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

I am not sure if new style bones would fit in older cups… maybe someone else can chime in there. If they do… they are easy to find. 

If you post the car on ebay for sale please DM me… it is the next on my wish list.