vintagebackyardrc

Daughters 1st Tamiya build

So...this one has been the best experience ever.

I have been trying to think of myself as a kid sitting there with my dad building my 1st Hornet while we are building this.

I learned so many things from these little cars over the years...and could not be more proud of her for having the desire to not just

enjoy the hobby with me but take it fully on by the reins. Hope you guys like this one...it's my favorite so far. 

[media] 

• Like 14

Well done!  She narrates very clearly too,  a natural at voiceovers, easy to understand and follow!  

Good job. 

And your daughter even has a pink screwdriver too, how cool is that.

Great stuff. 

Biught an C.Avante for my daughter recently but 6 years is a bit to early (for her anyway) so mostly she just «helped out». But i hope she will enjoy learning to drive it so we can have some quality time there.

Great stuff!

• Like 2

Ha ha! What a star! My daughter is only 5 and a smidgen young for building a car, but she claims to be a scientist and she is driving already, so maybe soon. Until then, Dad will just have to keep buiding them until he can find one she can't break!

• Like 1

Ha, this is brilliant and what a stirling job she does! Great to see the father-daughter bonding here too:wub:Keep up the good work and long live RC!!

• Like 1

On 12/5/2021 at 9:12 AM, vintagebackyardrc said:

[media]

Barbie approved!

ead0nGc.jpg

• Haha 2

Interesting thread guys

Its a few years ago now but I tried seeing the kit as something little hands could feel empowered tucking into 

So I put aside the way I’d normally weigh up quality, value or performance 

The goal became me helping out as little as possible - with safe / simple tools that shouldn’t slip in learning hands 

Our two girls ended up having a blast building a Scooby Doo Lunchbox and 007 Aston Martin TT02 respectively - the latter Tamiya’s First Try kit

And both of which I gently restored - after they were utterly trashed 😂  - and their interests moved on 

These days their cars sit with the rest of my Tamiya display in my office - making both kids (now older) grin when they pop in - because we both remember the time together + they see I’ve hung onto it 😇

• Like 3

Absolutely awesome video!!!  Watching someone see their hard work come to life is priceless.  Great guys like you keep our beloved hobby strong for generations to come.

• Like 1