Sign in to follow this  
GTodd

Great Job JazzRC

I’ve been wanting a NIB EVO since it was released and I was 16 years old. I finally have one. I live in the great old USA. I ordered the kit 8 days ago and I just received it in perfect condition! Build to come after Christmas.

945CC040-891F-4FA8-A893-293D9D594047.jpeg

• Like 9

Congrats! 

I didn’t really know about the Evo until I got back in to a Tamiya this year. I ended up purchasing the Egress as it was the last of the ‘modern’ buggies that were released when I was in to Tamiya the first time but I couldn’t afford one then.

As much as I love my Egress I think the aesthetic of the Evo is the best of those modern buggies. It’s got some beautiful lines and looks good from so many angles.  The angle and curve on the rear wing is just so good. It’s also a kit which I would build as (or close to) box art which I don’t think of many Tamiya cars.

Bet the 1st place went to the "ORIGINAL" Avante.  Nothing with just Avante stamped on the box for sales.

The "ORIGINAL" Avante is still the best looking RC out there.

Sorry, it was RCkicks, i mixed them up. His all time favorite was Turbo Optima ( which also seems to be one of the favorites of Tamiya legends)

6 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Congrats! 

I didn’t really know about the Evo until I got back in to a Tamiya this year. I ended up purchasing the Egress as it was the last of the ‘modern’ buggies that were released when I was in to Tamiya the first time but I couldn’t afford one then.

As much as I love my Egress I think the aesthetic of the Evo is the best of those modern buggies. It’s got some beautiful lines and looks good from so many angles.  The angle and curve on the rear wing is just so good. It’s also a kit which I would build as (or close to) box art which I don’t think of many Tamiya cars.

I agree the EVO came from a time where race buggies still looked like buggies and not just something to go fast around the track. I’m going to build it with a few choice options to increase durability. Looking at the parts from Serbia that are on eBay that reinforce the rear shock tower, I might buy the entire kit and use the other pieces on my stalled EVO build.

Can anyone recommend a titanium hex screw set for the build?

2 hours ago, GTodd said:

Can anyone recommend a titanium hex screw set for the build?

I got a set of steel hex from square rc, they also have titanium. I had it shipped from japan to new york and it wasnt cheap. OnlY positive was they shipped it fedex next day or 2 day air

Yep, RCJaz and ATees came through for me after my local Australian pre-order fell through because the Australian distributor only ordered 30 odd kits.

On 11/30/2021 at 6:38 AM, simalarion said:

That Amazing kit. Tamiya Legend rated this exact kit his Second best to build ever ;)

You weren’t too far off…he rated the Evo the best 4wd vintage track buggy: