Sign in to follow this  
TurboRSR

How to glue nylon parts?

One of the wheel knock-off's for the RC10 I just bought has a halfway broken wing. Thought I could use CA glue, but that didn't stick at all. Has anyone experience with gluing nylon parts? 

Vinyl is very tricky. 

Is there a room under the wing to slap on a supporting plastic piece or something? 

If so, this might work also.  By itself, it cannot glue seamlessly like superglue on pottery.  If there is room, I'd cut up a plastic piece and slap it under the wing.  

mBizkUS.jpg

This is very sticky initially. But it dries clear and hard like glass.   

(Shoe glue is another option, if you have room to attach a supporting piece underneath).  

UV hardening resin is in my shopping cart, but I haven't tried it to know if it's any good.  

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08NSDXS5D/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3EQ38HU0F75VP&th=1

I believe that there is a product called "Taulman glue" that is designed to glue nylon.

Ungodly expensive and hard to find, IIRC.

• Like 1

Depending on cost of glue etc it might be cheaper and easier to get another set???  I mean, you already know they break and you’ll probably need an extra later…

9 hours ago, Juggular said:

Vinyl is very tricky. 

Is there a room under the wing to slap on a supporting plastic piece or something?

The wing on the knock-off is about 3x5mm, so i guess it will be a bit to small. And it will probably be visible. 

7 hours ago, Frog Jumper said:

Depending on cost of glue etc it might be cheaper and easier to get another set???  I mean, you already know they break and you’ll probably need an extra later…

I don't know how it got broken since I got it like this, but I don't think a well hydrated nylon part will break that easy. If it's no simple or cheap way to fix it I will look for another one, but they are pretty hard to get hold of and expensive.