Braydun

Any Interest in a Hotshot Build?

Hey guys, new to the forum and somewhat new to the world of Tamiya. I restored some Tamiya cars with my dad that he had kept from the 80's when I was younger but now I've gotten into the hobby myself!

I picked up a re release Frog and a re release Hotshot, the Frog is almost done and now I'm just waiting for my parts to come in for the Hotshot.

Just curious if there is any interest in a build thread and some running videos when it's done? Also looking for some good hop up suggestions for the build! I'll post some pictures of what I've ordered so far, don't be afraid to tell me if I've wasted my money as I want to be sure everything I've gotten will work.

So far I've ordered a cheap Futaba transmitter/ receiver and a Futaba high torque metal gear servo to keep it kind of authentic. A HobbyStar 10.5t 540 brushless motor, a Castle Copperhead 10 ESC, the MIP Super Ball Differentials, the Fast Eddy's Hotshot ball bearing kit and to top it off a reproduction of the Dart body and wing.

I am also be running the Venom 7.4V 4000mAh 20C 2S DRIVE batteries which fit quite nicely after a few spacers.

Will I need a different sized pinion or anything? Thank you in advance!

Screenshot_20211202-183521_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211202-183350_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211202-183538_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211203-173501_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211203-172617_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20211203-172537_eBay.jpg

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Frog Jumper said:

Yes build thread!  Yes videos!

Will do sir, thank you for the motor suggestions in my Frog thread! I just went with a 17.5t brushless in the Frog and it's definitely more than enough power, those little ******s are tough to control lol