Tamiya1973

How long will a 5000mah battery last with a Tamiya Super Stock Motor? Super Hotshot run on tamac.

Short answer: It depends.

Long answer: It depends on where you drive (smooth tarmac, tall grass, bumpy dirt, or way off the road?), how you drive (slower and easier, or full-speed blast?), what kind of car it is (2WD or 4WD? F1 car or crawler?), how heavy the car is, whether it's got big wheels or small wheels, short gearing or tall gearing, how much the wind is blowing that day, the air temperature that day, etc. etc. etc.

TL;DR: It depends.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, El Gecko said:

Short answer: It depends.

Long answer: It depends on where you drive (smooth tarmac, tall grass, bumpy dirt, or way off the road?), how you drive (slower and easier, or full-speed blast?), what kind of car it is (2WD or 4WD? F1 car or crawler?), how heavy the car is, whether it's got big wheels or small wheels, short gearing or tall gearing, how much the wind is blowing that day, the air temperature that day, etc. etc. etc.

TL;DR: It depends.

Hi

It's a Super Hotshot which will mainly be run on tarmac.

Thank you

11 minutes ago, Tamiya1973 said:

Hi

It's a Super Hotshot which will mainly be run on tarmac.

Thank you

Still depends.

Are you a slow and careful driver or do you go full throttle everywhere all the time? This could mean the difference between an hour or more of runtime vs. a half hour or less.

Also, you might have thought it was a joke, but the air temperature does indeed matter. Under about 10C/50F you may only get 5-10 minutes before the batteries dump, even with 5000mAh.

1 minute ago, El Gecko said:

Still depends.

Are you a slow and careful driver or do you go full throttle everywhere all the time? This could mean the difference between an hour or more of runtime vs. a half hour or less.

Also, you might have thought it was a joke, but the air temperature does indeed matter. Under about 10C/50F you may only get 5-10 minutes before the batteries dump, even with 5000mAh.

Normally full throttle in a car park. Summer use only.

Thanks for reply.

I would get about 30min from a 3800mah NiMH running a pretty standard (just bearings) TT02B on grass. I would expect the super stock will use more power and the Super Hotshot would be less efficient,  but you're running on tarmac and have a 5000mah battery. I would guess about half an hour, give or take.

I have a super hotshot with super stock RZ. I’d get over 20 mins running on it on mixed surface track, on and off/part throttle etc. With 4000mah and still a bit left in the battery.

About 15 minutes in my Thunder Dragon with a TZ on tarmac with a 4000mah. Full throttle all the way. Expect 20-25% more with your 5000mah?

18 hours ago, Tamiya1973 said:

How long will a 5000mah battery last with a Tamiya Super Stock Motor? Super hotshot run on tarmac.

Thank you in advance.

Oh sure, NOW you add the type of car and surface. Tricky editing.

• Haha 2