nowinaminute

WPL Toys D12 Plus Upgrade Metal Rear Axle Plus Metal Driveshaft £29.52 Banggood

For anyone interested in one of these nifty little things. Seems like a good deal for the truck AND the metal upgrade rear axle and drive shaft. The combo usually sells for twice that.

The price is already pretty cheap but you can get a further discount if you're a new user (or maybe make a new account with a different email and use PayPal cough) and then an additional discount with the code TOYSHO

Cool little rigs, and the build quality is significantly better these days. The company seems to respond to feedback and improves stuff as they go along.

Obviously it's not a basher but the quality isn't bad for such a cheap RC. Yhey are interesting little vehicles with amazing scale looks and no shortage of cheap mods and upgrades, ideal for the tinkerer!

EDIT: Apparently we can both save a little bit if you click this link, too.

https://banggood.onelink.me/zMT7?&deep_link_value=https%3A%2F%2Fm.banggood.com%2Finvitednewuser.html%3FhideSystemShareBtn%3D1%26zf%3D7036208&af_ad=-&af_android_url=https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.banggood.client&af_channel=organic&af_ios_url=https://itunes.apple.com/app/id906268880&c=direct&is_retargeting=true&pid=google&af_web_dp=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.banggood.com%2Finvitednewuser.html%3Fzf%3D7036208&tags=direct&af_force_deeplink=true&af_dp=https%3A%2F%2Fm.banggood.com%2Finvitednewuser.html%3FhideSystemShareBtn%3D1%26zf%3D7036208&af_og_title=Banggood+Easy+Online+Shopping&af_og_description=Global+Online+Store+|+One+Stop+Shopping+|+New+User+Benefits+|+Free+Shipping&af_og_image=https%3A%2F%2Fimgaz.staticbg.com%2Fog_image_default.png

b586dc81-166f-4537-b51d-5d611d8535bf.jpg

• Thanks 1

You are a very bad man. I did not need or want one of these but now I have a yellow one on a boat from China.

Please keep all other good ideas to yourself 😂

ps. Put your affiliate link in the first post and you might get extra credit from idiots like me, who would also get an extra discount?

Hey friends! I would like to send you a Banggood new user gift package. I have found a lot of items with low cost and high quality in Banggood, I believe you can also enjoy shopping here. Come on! Join us to get your gifts! https://banggood.onelink.me/zMT7/5a4d2734

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nobbi1977 said:

You are a very bad man. I did not need or want one of these but now I have a yellow one on a boat from China.

Please keep all other good ideas to yourself 😂

ps. Put your affiliate link in the first post and you might get extra credit from idiots like me, who would also get an extra discount?

Hey friends! I would like to send you a Banggood new user gift package. I have found a lot of items with low cost and high quality in Banggood, I believe you can also enjoy shopping here. Come on! Join us to get your gifts! https://banggood.onelink.me/zMT7/5a4d2734

Mate , that is a bad choice , you should have a pink one on the slow boat from China , get in touch with your feminine side   :)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

The price is already pretty cheap but you can get a further discount if you're a new user (or maybe make a new account with a different email and use PayPal cough) and then an additional discount with the code TOYSHO

Nasty cough there  :lol:

• Haha 1

Well, I picked on up, thanks @nowinaminute. Really don't need another car, but for £30 for everything shipped it seemed a good deal. 

I say I've ordered one, it was out of stock on my desktop, but in stock on my mobile, so we'll see. Paypal so should be covered.

The plan of course is to cut down a little bit, and place under a QD shell for a low ride pumpkin. 

Never ordered from BG before, are there likely to be delays/custom charges? 

18 minutes ago, Nikko85 said:

Well, I picked on up, thanks @nowinaminute. Really don't need another car, but for £30 for everything shipped it seemed a good deal. 

I say I've ordered one, it was out of stock on my desktop, but in stock on my mobile, so we'll see. Paypal so should be covered.

The plan of course is to cut down a little bit, and place under a QD shell for a low ride pumpkin. 

Never ordered from BG before, are there likely to be delays/custom charges? 

Never had fees with BG and I think they switched to incorporating the 20%VAT into the price for UK customers after Brexit.

I already had the D42 van on the way so really didnt need this but the metal axle and drive shaft were about £15 on their own which I wanted for the D42 anyway so I just see it as getting s D12 for £15. I have plans for what to do with it hehe.

2 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

Never had fees with BG and I think they switched to incorporating the 20%VAT into the price for UK customers after Brexit.

I already had the D42 van on the way so really didnt need this but the metal axle and drive shaft were about £15 on their own which I wanted for the D42 anyway so I just see it as getting s D12 for £15. I have plans for what to do with it hehe.

Nice one - I've got some ideas too. I was wondering if you think it would be possible to decrease the wheelbase by 15 mm or so please. Hopefully I can cut out a section from the chassis, then put a plate in and bolt back together, but I would need to cut the driveshaft down. Looking at it, do you think that could be done?

The plan is to add to a spare QD Pumpkin shell, to make a realistic Ford F100. The 55 mm wheels will be perfect, as will the 130 mm track with, but the wheel base is too long. I see a 280 motor, I've had good luck with 370 motors (same size) in lots of cars, so that would be a good way to add some speed (if needed)! I also ordered a 2000 mAh Li-ion battery for something else, which should give really good run times.

4 minutes ago, Nikko85 said:

Nice one - I've got some ideas too. I was wondering if you think it would be possible to decrease the wheelbase by 15 mm or so please. Hopefully I can cut out a section from the chassis, then put a plate in and bolt back together, but I would need to cut the driveshaft down. Looking at it, do you think that could be done?

Definitely! I've seen other people do it. I think they used the shorter driveshaft from the rear of the 6x6 trucks to make the chassis smaller and just used an extender when making the chassis longer. 

awesome. I've wanted a realistic F100 for ages. I guess I've got the plastic driveshaft to play with first. 

I forgot to say mine turned up all present and correct a few weeks back.

Absolutely beautiful styling on the thing, great attention to detail. The electronics are a step up from the last RTR WPL model I bought, too. 2 different steering rates and 2 speeds from the transmitter, the dual speed is just electronic but a nice touch, none the less.

This is the first time I've had a WPL with the "improved" stock plastic driveshaft, too and it's certainly a lot tougher and now attached to the gearbox and diff with screws instead of being a splined push fit. The older type used to come loose or they would snap or pop apart etc, this new style is much more durable, been popping wheelies etc and not a single issue, so far. Kudos.

Obviously it's not amazingly well built but you can see the company is definitely making efforts to improve stuff over time and as a stock package it's a lot more accomplished than their earlier models.

The extra metal parts were present and correct and went together fine, too. A little bit of filing needed on the diff "pumpkin" covers due to some moulding flash but otherwise they went together well and I managed to get a perfectly decent mesh with a little adjustment. The metal driveshafts worked nicely, too. 

On the whole, very pleased for the money. It looks great and runs nicely for what it is. The locked rear axle means it can even scrabble about on gravel and other gentle off road surfaces a little bit.

I also got the van equivalent and I've really enjoyed just gently cruising about with them at the park etc, it's one of the few RCs I've owned that looks so cool that you're happy just happy to drive it around gently and watch it in motion.

Battery life is good, too. Only a 500mah pack but it's so light and the motor so small that you can get a decent run out of a pack.

Loads of third party addons for sale on ebay and aliexpress, some are kind of not my style like JDM style body skirts etc and slammed suspension but a lot of it is cool scale type stuff like roof racks, radio aerials, music guards, light bars and wind deflectors etc.

I already got a little set of roof lights and they look pretty nifty imho.

20220107_112736.thumb.jpg.20a559b81ec5d21e3bd0121e7d7d72d8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

I forgot to say mine turned up all present and correct a few weeks back.

Absolutely beautiful styling on the thing, great attention to detail. The electronics are a step up from the last RTR WPL model I bought, too. 2 different steering rates and 2 speeds from the transmitter, the dual speed is just electronic but a nice touch, none the less.

This is the first time I've had a WPL with the "improved" stock plastic driveshaft, too and it's certainly a lot tougher and now attached to the gearbox and diff with screws instead of being a splined push fit. The older type used to come loose or they would snap or pop apart etc, this new style is much more durable, been popping wheelies etc and not a single issue, so far. Kudos.

Obviously it's not amazingly well built but you can see the company is definitely making efforts to improve stuff over time and as a stock package it's a lot more accomplished than their earlier models.

The extra metal parts were present and correct and went together fine, too. A little bit of filing needed on the diff "pumpkin" covers due to some moulding flash but otherwise they went together well and I managed to get a perfectly decent mesh with a little adjustment. The metal driveshafts worked nicely, too. 

On the whole, very pleased for the money. It looks great and runs nicely for what it is. The locked rear axle means it can even scrabble about on gravel and other gentle off road surfaces a little bit.

I also got the van equivalent and I've really enjoyed just gently cruising about with them at the park etc, it's one of the few RCs I've owned that looks so cool that you're happy just happy to drive it around gently and watch it in motion.

Battery life is good, too. Only a 500mah pack but it's so light and the motor so small that you can get a decent run out of a pack.

Loads of third party addons for sale on ebay and aliexpress, some are kind of not my style like JDM style body skirts etc and slammed suspension but a lot of it is cool scale type stuff like roof racks, radio aerials, music guards, light bars and wind deflectors etc.

I already got a little set of roof lights and they look pretty nifty imho.

20220107_112736.thumb.jpg.20a559b81ec5d21e3bd0121e7d7d72d8.jpg

Mine turned up fine as well. Now what they badword am I going to do with it 😂

On 1/17/2022 at 5:48 PM, Nobbi1977 said:

Mine turned up fine as well. Now what they badword am I going to do with it 😂

I actually bought the van version originally. Or rather, it was an xmas present. But then I saw this version for such a low price I just couldn't resist. 

Not sure where I'm going with them exactly yet but they work pretty well as they are for a simple bit of laid back driving. I've taken the van out a couple of times and it just looks so good even gently going around of smooth ground, it has a real visual appeal going on.

I was initially going to put the van on a crawler chassis but not so sure now. I might just keep them both relatively stock mechanically so me and my daughter can go out with them and just cruise around looking cool. 

• Thanks 1

umDM6OG.jpg

I put mine on a Tamiya QD monster truck chassis, and added by cat as a driver.

I've got the WPL chassis, but that got cut down to fit the QD Pumpkin

UobywPj.jpg

I don't mind the WPL, and for the price it was a bargain, but just prefer larger trucks! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nikko85 said:

umDM6OG.jpg

UobywPj.jpg

I don't mind the WPL, and for the price it was a bargain, but just prefer larger trucks! 

Loving the monster pickup

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nikko85 said:

umDM6OG.jpg

UobywPj.jpg

Looks good!

I was planning to put the pickup body on my Lunchbox and a lunchbox body on the WPL but I like the WPL so much now I'm not sure I can bare to mutilate it. I may just get another pickup body for the lunchbox as they have finally gone on sale seperately.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nobbi1977 said:

Loving the monster pickup

Thanks, the QD is one of my favourite runners, very light, pretty fast and a lot of fun! 

• Thanks 1